Author Topic: New timetable for pip from June 2015  (Read 3998 times)

ally

New timetable for pip from June 2015
« on: 25 Jun 2015 04:29PM »
DWP will start to invite all remaining claimants from 13 July. This means people who currently have a long-term or indefinite award of DLA. We will do this gradually over a period of around two years, starting with people living in postcode areas beginning: BB; BL; DE; LE; M; OL; PR; ST; WA and WN.
By late 2017
All existing DLA claimants (aged 16 to 64 on 8 April 2013) will have been invited to claim PIP.

The link to the above is on rightsnet.  If anyone wants to look at it, or, download the link from the gov publications on to here.
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2015 11:14AM by SunshineMeadows »

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: New timetable for pip from June 2015
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2015 04:41PM »
My DLA award lasts until 2018, so I am hoping that I will be left until late in the process - but who knows when the Department of Withholding Payments is involved?!

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2015 07:53PM »
The main concern I have is that people with indefinite award don't accept the PIP invite.   Its not really an invite - its a phone us for a PI2 form or we will just stop your DLA Money.   If you have mates on DLA and they tell you "but I have an indefinite / lifelong award" tell them they MUST accept the invite and apply for PIP please. >doh<
Monic

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2015 01:37AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jun/25/labour-says-universal-credit-will-take-495-years-to-roll-out-as-costs-rise-3bn

Looks like if they abolished IDS and the schemes of Unum .... they'd save bi££ions.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2015 02:02PM »
Thanks Ally - sometime soon then, as I've an M postcode... >yikes<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2015 09:11PM »
Thank you Ally I had not realised it was coming to my area so soon.

Does anyone know if some people are getting paper assessments and so not going for actual health assessments?

(I am moving this topic to talk so more people see it)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2015 09:26PM »
From what I have seen on B+W, some people are getting decisions from the paperwork submitted but the majority are having face2face assessments.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2015 10:11AM »
Thank you Hurtyback.

Like most people who have indefinite awards I am hoping for a paper based assessment, at the same time I have to be realistic.

Do you know what the current backlog in PIP claims is at the moment?

Ally, I found the link https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/455684/timetable-for-pip-replacing-dla.pdf

:-)

Monic1511

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2015 08:13PM »
Hi Sunshine Meadows

Do you know what the current backlog in PIP claims is at the moment?  Its around 4 - 8 months just now where I am, so average 6 months  >erm<

>bighugs<
Monic

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2015 05:38PM »
B+W are hearing of people getting results within a few weeks but there is sometimes a delay if the assessor is new and their work is being reviewed.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2015 07:22PM »
Here people are getting results on paperwork alone and sighing with relief thinking panic over then at a later date are called in for a face to face which changes the paper decision. It's almost like if the wait for a face to face is too long, they'll give you an interim decision on just the paperwork just to tide you over till they see you.

Sunshine

« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2015 08:37AM »
Monic,

That is good to know because it will let me get on with life rather than overly focus on the noise of the letter box and a brown envelope falling on the doormat.

Hurtyback,

I wonder if that is down to the type of people who use B+W and how they fill in the forms. Maybe it is a statistical anomaly. Weird though given that Monic works in welfare rights and B+W is a welfare rights site and yet the answer to my question is so different.  >erm<

Fiz,

Good point. A bit like me knowing me getting into the Support Group might be down to ATOs giving up the contract and the assessment I had being quick and less focussed. That said I do meet the criteria for Support Group  >confusedgif< .

Something I do think will make a difference in my PIP claim is putting my condition as Spastic Diplegic which I do have rather than the more general description of Cerebral palsy that I used to use.

Monic1511

« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2015 07:34PM »
I think the timescales vary depending on the length of time it takes the medical people to deceide if they need to call folk for an assessment and then it depends on the processing teams as well

B&W might be taking national figures where I only know what our clients are experiencing

>erm<

Monic

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2015 05:27PM »
Good point Monic, B+W members are scattered all over the country.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 18 Oct 2015 06:03PM »
Monic,

That is good to know because it will let me get on with life rather than overly focus on the noise of the letter box and a brown envelope falling on the doormat.

Oh, how I know what you mean there since I learnt that, from Sept 1, yet more postcode areas have been drawn in to the DLA-to-PIP migration (including mine) - why, oh why, do they increase the workload when they're still running a backlog from the last lot  >doh< >doh<

But yes, thanks for the 'frontline' information there about the delays, Monic  >tah<