Author Topic: I'll be awa' for a wee while  (Read 3226 times)

JLRRAC

I'll be awa' for a wee while
« on: 17 Apr 2012 10:45PM »
I'll be heading off for a few weeks from tomorrow, I'll try to log in while I'm away but sometimes web cafes in Berlin can be a bit odd to say the least. One of my biggest problems with them is their computer keyboards not being as ours are but I'll try :-)

Sofie

Re: I'll be awa' for a wee while
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2012 11:31PM »
Have fun!

JLRRAC

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2012 11:50PM »
Thanks Sofie, I'm fair looking forward to seeing my girlfriend in Berlin again. I'll do my best not to be too much of a problem for her as she has a lot on her plate with her Dad who's 90 this year and would it appear deteriorating mentally at an alarming rate. He's constantly repeating the same questions over and over, things like what day is it? and having been told which day it is asking the same question in his next breath.

hossylass

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2012 12:30AM »
Try and enjoy yourself mate :)

>hugs<

superhumandiva

« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2012 09:37AM »
I am very envious, I haven't been to Berlin since before the wall came down.  On one visit, the exchange rate was DM6 to the £, which prompted a big shopping trip to the Ka de Ve (spelling?). The opera is fantastic and I saw the gates of Babylon at the Pergamon museum - happy days

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2012 10:58AM »
<waves l'il hankie at J's retreating back>

Have a great time.

edited mistake
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2012 11:33AM by Hurtyback »

Danslatete

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2012 11:32AM »
Have a wonderful time. Haste ye back!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2012 01:48PM »
Have a good journey and if you get time add a epostcard to a thread in the Cafe.
:-)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2012 02:24PM »
I don't know, people taking holidays away from here, enjoying themselves, mutter, mutter, shouldn't be allowed, grumble, don't some people realise that Ouchers are missed when they're not here, harumph.  ;-)
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

wheelycross51

• Charter Member
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2012 10:04PM »
oh do have a good time - holidays are lovely! you are naughty though, remember us 'less able people' are not allowed to enjoy anything in life and especially not go on holiday, lol - but never mind that, I don't - have fun! :)

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2012 12:26AM »
Have a good break .. jox
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

hossylass

« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2012 12:56PM »
Is it a holiday if you go to see family or a partner?
I have to admit that lying in bed in Australia was a bit like lying in bed in the UK >crying<
The nice bit was having my family around me.
But a holiday? Hmmm not sure about that!

How do the DWP define a "holiday"?

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2012 10:24PM »
"I have to admit that lying in bed in Australia was a bit like lying in bed in the UK"

Except you would of had to strap your self onto the bed to stop from falling of the bottom of the world.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

JLRRAC

« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2012 04:56PM »
Hello there, I am trying to get used to a new computer that I bought for my girlfriend. As it is from a German computer shop I have had to get it to change over to the UK qwerty key board. I did have a bit of a problem trying to find a webstick that would allow me to connect to the web. As you can see I have managed to do this now.

I will need to ask my girlfriend where all the punctuation keys are as I have not got a clue :-)

I will try now to see if I can actually manage to send this posting, cheers the noo, JLR.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2012 05:00PM »
Hello, JLRRAC.  :-)
Hope you are having a good time and looking after yourself (should say, yourselves & each other as you are together just now ;-)).