Author Topic: Medical  (Read 15774 times)

SteveX

Medical
« on: 15 Feb 2012 01:35PM »
Hi friends.

I got a letter from scumtos this morning, took me 3 hours to build up the nerve to open it.

I have to go for a medical and its next wed..  a week today! - !Error: Actally THURS 23rd.!

I'm shaking and my head is pounding, I know its totally pointless as the person there has simply no interest in my problems and only wants his bonus for throwing me off IB.  Knowing this makes me incredibly depressed and I'm considering not going and going to the job centre instead and waving the white flag to claim jsa, I know this medical is a total farce (last time got 1 point and had to go to a tribunal to win my case) I'm not sure I can take all this stress again.

so stressed out, I can't take it any longer.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2012 04:49PM by SteveF1 »
Member of POMMAS

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Medical
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2012 03:22PM »
 >bighugs<

Hang in there SteveF1, and don't let the bastards grind you down.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2012 03:38PM »
 >bighugs<

I thought the same Steve before I went but I got placed in the support group, no appeal needed. You never know hey?

Pentesalie

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2012 04:01PM »
Steve, like the Spanish Inquisition, fear is ATOS weapon of choice, if you've already got IB, then the 'burden of proof' is on the DWP to prove that you don't qualify. As the Mods over on B&W would say that this is what they'd term a 'supersession'.

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2012 04:28PM »
 >bighugs<
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2012 05:09PM »
 >hugs<  You know that you are genuine, so try to maintain a positive frame of mind.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2012 05:29PM »
Hi Steve - first of all,  >dontpanic<  I know it's easier said than done, though.

Do you feel OK to give some details of the illnesses/disabilities that you're claiming ESA in respect of?  We might be able to help with some tips for the forthcoming medical... 

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2012 06:33PM »
Don't know why they call it a medical.  Do they get out the stethoscope and listen to your back or poke about in unmentionable places??

Steve go along armed with your medical evidence that proves you have had your problems for a long time.  Make a list of hospitals and Drs you have seen in the last year or two, and a list of medications that you take.  They may no want to see any of it, but when you are in there you will know that all these Drs cannot be wrong. 

You will go in there knowing that you have a right to be treated as a person who must be listened to.

SteveX

« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2012 08:26PM »
Hi Steve - first of all,  >dontpanic<  I know it's easier said than done, though.

Do you feel OK to give some details of the illnesses/disabilities that you're claiming ESA in respect of?  We might be able to help with some tips for the forthcoming medical...

First, thanks everyone. the hugs are really nice , thank you!

In response to the above, I can give some details but not all.

I am on medication for:  Heart Problem (enlarged left vent), Hypothyroidism, Asthma, Stomach Ulcers. 
I have other problems which I am not on medication for, I cannot stand still for more than 5-6 mins without pain and 7-8 mins intense pain.  Also I have a pain in my legs which grows as I walk and I cannot walk far before it starts (70-80yrds) and within 2-3 mins of very slow walking after that I am in tears because of the intense pain.  (I rarely go out and if I have to go out I take pain killers first and use taxis most of the time. ) I have back problems, which come and go on a daily basis, from nagging and managable to very painful and can barely move.
Also I suffer from depression and I have a lot of headaches from worry and stress, this sometimes also comes on as nausea and dizzyness with the headache. 

There are other problems too but I don't want to bore you to death.

The big problems are my legs ie cannot walk or stand long.  Heart, get out of breath very very easily, even things like hobbling up one flight of stairs takes me 5-7 mins to stop my heart pounding after.   and Head, re headaches, nausea/dizzyness. 
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2012 08:29PM by SteveF1 »
Member of POMMAS

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:00PM »
I'm not a doctor, but sounds identical to my sciatica. I couldn't stand still without extreme pain, even now the same after my op, if I stand still I lose my momentum. Can't walk more than a few paces without extreme pain, only ever escalating. But I also have problems sitting comfortably for long periods of time. All never ending pain. It comes and goes with many people overcoming it in a couple of weeks. But for some of us unlucky few it's there constantly :-(
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2012 09:04PM by RococoSoul »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hossylass

« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:06PM »
OK, steve I want you to read this;

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=esa%20wca%20handbook%202012&source=web&cd=7&sqi=2&ved=0CE4QFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dwp.gov.uk%2Fdocs%2Fwca-handbook.pdf&ei=sB08T-LpDsKfOu_Y-d8C&usg=AFQjCNH9oc3GQHsdoGiZ8RQEnUL43mLsBg&sig2=sByYvNca1p0lC537XT2hEw&cad=rja

It will help you to understand why they ask seemingly stupid questions.

Please read it, its a .pdf file so you are asked to open it. It is safe to open and you can save it to your computer.

hossylass

« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:07PM »
Sorry, forgot to mention that it is the ESA WCA handbook for Atos examiners, its basically the rule book and guidelines to assessing people.

SteveX

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:09PM »
Thank you Hossylass, I will try to read as much as I can although I suspect I might not understand lots of it.

Thanks!
Member of POMMAS

SteveX

« Reply #13 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:11PM »
I'm not a doctor, but sounds identical to my sciatica. I couldn't stand still without extreme pain, even now the same after my op, if I stand still I lose my momentum. Can't walk more than a few paces without extreme pain, only ever escalating. But I also have problems sitting comfortably for long periods of time. All never ending pain. It comes and goes with many people overcoming it in a couple of weeks. But for some of us unlucky few it's there constantly :-(

oh dear, you sound worse than me :(

I have problems sitting too, have to move ever few mins and I also dull aches in my legs when sat.  another odd thing is the cold, if I am cold then it seems far worse, so I have to keep warm.
Member of POMMAS

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #14 on: 15 Feb 2012 09:21PM »
Yes the cold makes me worse, not least for bracing against it. But I had surgery in Nov which didn't go to plan and since then I'm ultra sensitive to hot and cold. I hope you find reassurance before your "medical" and you get the outcome you deserve. I'll be called for a medical shortly, I'm sure :-(