Author Topic: 1970s disability sit-in - disabled had upper-hand  (Read 393 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
I've been reading an article in the Guardian about an American disability rights campaigner.  It described a sit-in he was involved in as part of a campaign.  The following made me laugh -

Then the government cut off the hot water and phone lines; the protesters got round the latter by communicating in sign language from the fourth-floor windows to the street.

I can just imagine the response of those who'd cut off the phone lines.

'Deafinitely' a case of disabled people having the 'upper hand', or is that the upstairs hand?
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 1970s disability sit-in - disabled had upper-hand
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2021 04:21PM »
 :thumbsup:

For some reason I read it as cutting off water and so was thinking of the poop and piddle going out of the window  :f_yikes: :f_whistle:

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2021 05:54PM »
 :f_laugh: sounds painful...

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2021 06:38PM »
For some reason I read it as cutting off water and so was thinking of the poop and piddle going out of the window  :f_yikes: :f_whistle:

:f_laugh:
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)