Author Topic: Alternative pain scale  (Read 292 times)

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Alternative pain scale
« on: 28 Feb 2021 06:08PM »
I saw this somewhere else and thought it made a change from the usual 1 to 10 pain scales!

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Alternative pain scale
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2021 02:08PM »
The pictures get a bit scary towards 9 and 10 although it is accurate. Some people get white light pain and others that is like being deep in the sea frozen cold and wet with scary creatures swimming nearby in the dark.

On the upside of things I do find not being in pain can lurk like a hangover and during those times it is imperative that I open the curtains and breath some fresh air.

:see_attachment:

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2021 07:00PM »
One of the treatments used to stop cluster headaches from progressing during an attack is high flow oxygen. I have oxygen tanks supplied through the Home Oxygen service who are brilliant, and I have tanks in the sitting room and bedroom so I can use them when needed. 

I definitely think that clean, fresh air is necessary in maintaining good physical and mental health. Sometimes, getting blown away by the wind can make you feel ten times better.

JLR2

« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2021 06:00AM »
"Sometimes, getting blown away by the wind can make you feel ten times better."

This does not apply when it is your pool playing friend in the pub who's supplied the wind and clears the pub in moments, as happened in my local before lockdown arrived. :f_smiley: