Author Topic: Where to borrow a hoist sling  (Read 1754 times)

RoseRodent

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Where to borrow a hoist sling
« on: 22 Aug 2016 06:33PM »
Does anyone know a place I could borrow a sling for a hoist? I have a clip sling and I need a loop one for one day. There is a hire place that does them, but they charge £25 because it's a minimum one week hire. I need it for about 4 minutes! Isn't there a place you can borrow them from for something like that?

Please, only answers where it's something you know, not "Is there a charity near you that..." because I don't know. I'm not after a list of things you speculate might be able to help, only if you know for sure that they do or have done in the past. I don't have the energy to follow up partial leads, I'm already doing that via Google. Thanks.

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Where to borrow a hoist sling
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2016 07:25PM »
Try the Red Cross.

RoseRodent

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Re: Where to borrow a hoist sling
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2016 09:12AM »
I have sent them a message, that is all you can do on their website, it doesn't seem to tell you what they do and do not have, only lets you request something and they will tell you if they can get it. I have my doubts because slings are porous, and hygeine is always a concern. Not sure why, as most are washable and when you think of hotels and the re-use of towels and bed linens, why disability equipment has to be so sacrasanct of not being laundered and reused I do not know. Like all the places that will not do a shower chair for "hygeine" but will lend a commode. They're both bare bottom contact!

Any other ideas in case Red Cross say no?