Author Topic: Recommend some continence products  (Read 1794 times)

RoseRodent

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Recommend some continence products
« on: 10 Jun 2016 07:44PM »
Can I get some feedback from regular users of these products? I'm looking for a recommendation for some supplies. It's for a very small female, full bladder emptying and no bowel incontinence. Looking for a good product for sleeping at a reasonable price. Pads not pants, she can already use the age 8-13 pyjama pants kind of thing but for various reasons they aren't really ideal, and can be very expensive (£5.65 for 9 is not unusual). She's looking for those ones that are in between a fully nappy/pants style and a sanitary towel style. I know I have seen them around in catalogues but now I can't find them any more, since Tena and Always have started to flood the high street market.

As far as actual volume goes, certainly no more than 500ml in total, it's just that product tend to shift when she's sleeping and she misses the pad. What is functional but also comfortable if you are very petite and slim? (I myself have been neither of these things!)

Thanks.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: Recommend some continence products
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2016 12:26PM »
http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk

This company hold a wide range of incontinence  products.
I use the pull up pants as I find they are the only thing that works for me as I have a  large capacity bladder.
Can a continence nurse help with suggestions?

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2016 03:57PM »
The Tena Maxi Night pads are about as absorbent as you can get, worn with close fitting underwear they do stay in place. Someone with a slight build should also have a fairly small bladder so these should be absorbent enough.
"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2016 04:04PM »
This older thread also has some info and recommendations:

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=8877.0