Author Topic: Fibro and sleep  (Read 4326 times)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Fibro and sleep
« on: 27 May 2016 07:43PM »
My fibromyalgia seems to be changing.  It is not supposed to do that.  I am sleeping excessively, I mean really excessively.

I have been stopping different medications one by one to see if it is caused by that.  So far have tried three but have not found the culprit yet.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
Re: Fibro and sleep
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2016 07:58PM »
I have fibromyalgia and cfs and really struggle with sleep.  I find it hard both to get to sleep and to stay asleep.  It's not medication related as I'm not taking any.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2016 09:20PM »
I am sorry to hear that Mabelcat.  I can remember being like that too.  But now I fall asleep after doing anything.  I put the washing in the tumble-drier, and have to lie down and have a rest.  The cat thinks it is great as I bring her into the sitting room and she lies on me and purrs. (We have to get past the dog in the kitchen first you see.)   

The days are passing in a flash as I sleep during the day for hours.  When I wake up in the day/evening I feel quite bright and as normal so I am sure it is one of the pills I take in the morning.  The GP does know I am doing pill experiments.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2016 08:54PM »
Does noone else have this problem?

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2016 08:45PM »
bump

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jun 2016 10:50PM »
Test.

This thread is not showing on the update list.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jun 2016 03:50PM »
Test.

This thread is not showing on the update list.

How strange!

I sometimes find that threads don't appear on the 'recent posts' list but will show on the 'new replies' one!  >confused<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jun 2016 08:20PM »
I'm pleased that it showed up this time. 

It is not that I am paranoid it is just that I think everyone is getting at me all the time!

suessad

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jun 2016 07:56AM »
I am sorry to hear that Mabelcat.  I can remember being like that too.  But now I fall asleep after doing anything.  I put the washing in the tumble-drier, and have to lie down and have a rest.  The cat thinks it is great as I bring her into the sitting room and she lies on me and purrs. (We have to get past the dog in the kitchen first you see.)   

The days are passing in a flash as I sleep during the day for hours.  When I wake up in the day/evening I feel quite bright and as normal so I am sure it is one of the pills I take in the morning.  The GP does know I am doing pill experiments.

This all sounds like fibro. it does make you very tired and listless.
Not sure what pills you are on, has the GP prescribed a new one lately.?  It could be two that cause the extra tiredness. You could try a longer gap between each pill. Letting one into the system before taking the next.  I am also shocked your GP didn't suggest changing one or cutting the dose on another. Thought they were the experts.  :-(

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jun 2016 07:33PM »
Hi suessad,  There are a number of GP's at the practise.  The one I have been seeing regularly has said that she has run out of ideas and does not know what to suggest.  A great deal of help! 

I have one more pill to try to exclude - I have things other than fibro and it would seem that each different medication has a side effect of sleepiness.

What is strange is that the fibro/whatever symptoms have changed.

suessad

« Reply #10 on: 07 Jun 2016 07:12AM »
Run out of ideas.. I know that feeling.  >steam<
You are not alone. Fibro changes by the day or even every hour. This is what makes life hard.  >crying<
Next time you collect your meds or are going to town, take a list of all meds and speak to the Pharmacists. It was mine who advised me how and when to take what.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 08 Jun 2016 07:41PM »
Mine has always been stable, that is what is troubling me. 

I forgot to make an appointment with the GP a couple of days ago when I asked for repeat meds.  That is another thing - I am getting more confused.  Most annoying.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 09 Jun 2016 10:30AM »
 >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 09 Jun 2016 05:56PM »
I am sorry that you are so unwell Auntie  >hugs<