Author Topic: Very Sad News 're Devine 63  (Read 27848 times)

seegee

• Super Hero Member
Re: Very Sad News 're Devine 63
« Reply #120 on: 14 Jul 2014 08:31AM »
Things will gradually get easier as time passes, but there will be odd days/ strange moments when you thought you'd finished with the grief & it suddenly gets you - it's all quite normal.  Take the best care of yourself that you can, as you obviously know that's exactly what Deb would want.  >bighugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #121 on: 14 Jul 2014 11:44AM »
MabelDR  >bighugs<

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: 14 Jul 2014 05:09PM »
Thanks for letting me know about the idea of starting a thread about mymaster's degree.Not sure if that was important since it's not related to disability.I don't know.I get kinda scared about what to post or how much to share.I guess I need time to learn more.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #123 on: 14 Jul 2014 05:09PM »
MabelDR  >hugs<  as S.eegee says, it is natural to have days where you feel you are coping and then others where you feel back to square one

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #124 on: 14 Jul 2014 08:13PM »
Hi mabelDR, a lot of us have done our degrees and gone on to further study.  It is just an offer; there is no compulsion.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #125 on: 14 Jul 2014 09:04PM »
There are a good few threads in the "café" section that aren't really related to disability Mabel, so maybe that'd be a good place for a thread about coming to Europe, discussing what's as you expected, what seems strange, what you find funny, what the university is like... if you'd like to - though as auntie says, there is no need to do that unless you feel you want to.   >hugs<
If you look at some of the threads in the café you will find people posting about pets, watching football & various things on TV, funny clips from the internet, all kinds of things that aren't about disability.  Some are important to people, others are light-hearted chat or virtual meeting places (a cabaret, a cruise-ship...).

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: 15 Jul 2014 11:40PM »
Hi mabelDR, a lot of us have done our degrees and gone on to further study.  It is just an offer; there is no compulsion.
What's the meaning of "there's no compulsion"?

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #127 on: 15 Jul 2014 11:48PM »
It means that noone is forcing you.  You can make your own decision whether or not to do it.  The choice is your and yours alone.

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: 16 Jul 2014 12:44AM »
I never thought someone was forcing me.Ok

Defying Gravity

• Charter Member
« Reply #129 on: 16 Jul 2014 01:07PM »
It just means that although people were suggesting you start a new thread they don't mind if you do or not; you should not feel under any pressure to do so. It is a British politeness thing, probably. It doesn't mean anyone thought you might be 'forced' to do something, the implication is less strong than that.

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: 17 Jul 2014 11:43PM »
 >rose<Thank you so much for explainning.It was just a cultural misunderstanding....Can't believe it's been a month now since Deb left<3

MabelDR

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: 18 Aug 2014 12:07AM »
 >rosae<Ugh!!!i miss you so much Deb<3another month w/o seeing you is just awful.I can't seem to be strong enough.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #132 on: 18 Aug 2014 10:14AM »
 >bighugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #133 on: 18 Aug 2014 03:27PM »
 >bighugs< it takes a long time to get used to someone you talked to every day not being around anymore.

Tony_Demoncy

• Gold Member
  • Wait - what?!
Mindwalker, Mindtalker
« Reply #134 on: 27 Apr 2022 03:17AM »
I wrote this poem for Deb for her birthday one year. I was very unwell and without internet access when she passed and I only found out much later.
This poem can stand as my memorial for her as coming back to Ouchtoo again reminded me of Deb.

Mindwalker, Mindtalker

We have so much fun
With the world of the mind
With music and books
Rambling talks of all kinds

From one born as a tiger
To one born a rabbit
Birth makes not our destiny
We form our own habits

As we rove through this life
Our thoughts range afar
From struggle and strife
To the glory of stars

From the saint and the rogue
For love of all kinds
Happy birthday dear Deb
You are oft’ on my mind.

Tony Demoncy
27/05/2011
I Came I Saw I Fell Over (Tony)

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.