Author Topic: Fiz  (Read 263 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Fiz
« on: 18 Jul 2022 10:10AM »
The other day I noticed Fiz’s Facebook had been reactivated and discovered that Fiz died in the Spring of 2022 and her funeral was in May. I have no more details to give.

Over the years Fiz helped and supported many people on Ouch Too. Her posts on service user issues often showed the real life struggles of people who need help.From time to time Fiz would be too poorly to post messages here but she always return to us.

Ouch Too is mostly quiet these days so there might not be a lot of replies to this thread so it’s important that those who can reply do so.

Fiz I will miss you  :big_hugs:   :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove:

lankou

• Access All Areas
Re: Fiz
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2022 11:03AM »
Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
by
Author Unknown

Next
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

This poem is in the public domain.[/i][/color]

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2022 12:15PM »
Lankou,

I love that poem and it is so appropriate to Fiz's passing thank you  :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove: :f_peacedove:

I was thinking how Fiz's old dog the golden retriever would have met her over the rainbow bridge and together they would be running, dancing and playing. Strange thing is I can't remember the name of the dog, so strange.

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2022 12:29PM »
I too was just thinking of how Fiz loved her dogs so much, and how they were a great source of comfort and companionship to her, much as my dog is to me.

She was such an intelligent and thoughtful person who contributed much to our small community over the years.

I will miss her xxx  :heart:

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2022 04:09PM »
Thank you for finding out and letting us know so promptly, Sunshine.  I have regularly checked Fiz's account here since she last posted, to see if she'd been around just for a look, and began to think the worst as the weeks passed:  I am so sorry Fiz was unable to continue her fight, knowing how desperately difficult her struggle was, and at least she will suffer no more now.

If any of her family and friends should chance on this site as a place she used to frequent, I send my heartfelt condolences to all.  We valued much her contributions here - rest in peace, Fiz  :f_rose:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2022 08:08PM »
Fiz helped me to cope.  Fiz contributed to my still being alive to post this.  I saw how she helped others.

Fiz was one of those people you could rely on not to say snide, hurtful or antagonistic comments.  I felt safe debating with her because we could explore disagreements safely so I could learn from her.

I have added her to my mental list of people about whom my dark humour leads me to say things like "Huh, typical, another one that waits until I value her then decides she'd rather hang out with the angels than with me."
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

independentgirl84

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2022 10:51AM »
Very sad news. May she rest in peace xx

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #7 on: 05 Aug 2022 01:51PM »
I too will miss Fiz and find that the board if quieter without her.
Condolences to her family  :f_peacedove:

ally

• Access All Areas
« Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2022 03:30PM »
she helped me understand different disabilities to my own.  I learnt a lot from her.  I’ll miss her contributions on here.  She always answered posts sincerely, and, with insight.  I hope she’s at peace now.  :f_peacedove: