Author Topic: LONDON BRIDGE'S  (Read 4491 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Re: LONDON BRIDGE'S
« Reply #45 on: 04 Jun 2022 10:36AM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

I've just had a few idea's the disabled MP's can call a walk out of of Pariment. then the main event of the day im-moblise 2 faced Boris in a rickety old N.H.S WHEELCHAIR + PUSH HIM IN TO A DECEMMIED RESEDENTAL HOME (NORMAL FOR 2ND CLASS DISABLED people live inso Wheelie's + Wooblie's can can be marshelled in straight lines + we can have a fun fun congger line to keep  people with learning diffeclty's occuiped + more willing to stay in order. Deaf people could form their own unit blind people + their guide dog's could walk in tune to a marching band all walking to a prescribed bridge. Keeping things in order to stop aggitars/ideoits ruinning our big day

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #46 on: 04 Jun 2022 07:33PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

Another idea to keep the radio show intresting is to use the bule parking badage symbol + print it on flads + fly it from every council building in the country + ask the Queen to fly it from Buckinham Place to show her surport in achiving full inter-grationv in to main stream scoiety as this is our birth right + a mistake/failer has caused our impairment +

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #47 on: 04 Jun 2022 10:19PM »
I think those sound really good ideas.

With the flag thing, I'm remembering my student days when students climbed up onto the roof of the university I was at and hung a banner off it, and I'm thinking about people who do graffiti high up on buildings.  Maybe a deaf person and a manic person could put some deaf flags up and spread word.  To begin with, they could be driven from place to place by a fast-driving motability car driver, and then disabled allies could join in, seeing it as a graffiti-type challenge, or maybe even doing lots of wall murals of the symbol.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jun 2022 08:29AM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

It thus was a radio show I would want banners put banners put around the bar walls of York no paint Graffti as tgee walls were built by the Romans 2,ooo years ago (but rebuilt by a modan scoiety + banners on 10th centuary York minster with remains of a church going back 2,200 years going back to the vikings in the city of Jorvick ( the name of their city( it would inform all the International tourists who come to York then we could say the World is not enough we could look at the moon colanise for disabled space tourists

GO MAN GO MAN GO WE ARE UNSTOPABLE dream big

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #49 on: 06 Jun 2022 11:51AM »
I really like the idea of using murals and street art to help get the issues across.

If you wanted to pick a specific day for the one off play to be set in, how about the day that the Equality Act was passed? We could focus on how little has actually been achieved in real terms since then and how most companies pay lip service to accessibility needs of all types.

We could dress the PM in disguise and make him attend (in an old wheelchair) medical appointments and PIP assessments with disabled people so he sees first hand how people are treated and spoken to, and just how complicated arranging transport can be on a limited budget when you have access needs.

So that's just a few thoughts off the top of my head......

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #50 on: 06 Jun 2022 09:16PM »
Hello Ditch dweller

This afternoon 6/6/22 I wrote  a basic idea for a radio play to BBC radio york I used an offical form but think it was to small to say all I wanted but will try again tomorrow

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #51 on: 06 Jun 2022 09:56PM »
Hello Ditch Dweller

Just to say I've  wrote my idea to BBC radio York will let you know any reply  .A.S.A.P

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #52 on: 07 Jun 2022 09:01AM »
Excellent Bule!
I look forward to hearing what they have to say. Good luck!

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #53 on: 08 Jun 2022 02:15PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I am very disappointment at at OUCH READER'S because no-one but you, Ditchdweller + me  seem's to be intrested in PROTESTING right's for disabled people (APPATHY)

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #54 on: 08 Jun 2022 03:07PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I am very disappointment at at OUCH READER'S because no-one but you, Ditchdweller + me  seem's to be intrested in PROTESTING right's for disabled people (APPATHY)

I have been campaigning for disabled people's rights for over three decades. Ever since Peter Lilley got into bed with Unum Provident and Mansel Aylward.
I just don't make a noise about it.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #55 on: 08 Jun 2022 04:14PM »
I think we each do it in different ways.  Mostly I do it by attending demonstrations, writing to politicians and key figures, and spreading information to people who aren't aware of some or a lot of what disabled people are up against.  That includes disabled people who, by luck or whatever, get their benefits and help with no difficulty and don't realise how much unfairness there is in the system.

So whilst I think it's a great idea to use a drama for disability awareness raising, and whilst from my own life I know how frustrating it is if you want people to join you in a project and it's not their thing, I hope, Bule, you won't think the worse of Ouchers who don't feel they've anything to contribute.

For my own part, I've never written or produced a drama and I hope that suggestions I make are realistic.  I shan't be offended if my suggestions turn out not to be what's wanted.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #56 on: 08 Jun 2022 04:19PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

Actually I did ask you something on page one of this thread but it might have been missed?

(and please take on board what Lankou and Sunny have just said - your way is not necessarily everyone else's way, and that's fine.  But try not to get annoyed with others because they might not be as interested and as passionate as you over a particular idea)

>edited to add
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2022 04:23PM by KizzyKazaer »

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #57 on: 08 Jun 2022 08:57PM »
Hello Kozzy Kazaer, Sunnny Clouds, Ditch Dewller

I do understand there are differnt stoike's for differnt folk's + life is to sgort to get uoset + hold a grudge in the village where I live there is a large duck pond + I've been in touch with the parush council as I want a wild flower meadow plabting the there +

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #58 on: 08 Jun 2022 09:13PM »
SORRY about the mistake  half written podt I will ask rhe local conservation voluntreer's to do the spade work + planting of flower's + I was thinking lavender + bug sun flower's to attract bee's but well away from the public foot path so no one get's stung + lot's + lot's of bright colours in front 9 each side so I hhopev to be to busy to get upset

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #59 on: 08 Jun 2022 09:42PM »
That sounds like a lovely plan.

Lavender makes me think of my mother, who loved it.  I don't find sunflowers very physically attractive, but somehow they're symbolic for me of future and hope.

I want to hear what response you get from the BBC.  I don't know whether to think they'll take up the idea.  I can't work out what they are willing to spend money on these days.