Author Topic: How is everyone getting on this week? Any plans?  (Read 2677 times)

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
After having covid there seems to be so much mess, clutter, and paperwork that needs to be attended to. My dining table and chairs seem to be heaped with "stuff ".

At the weekend I sowed some seeds in my new windowsill propagator but the packaging hasn't yet made it into the recycling!

So my plans for the week consist of:

1. Putting the three boxes of books that are going to my sister in the back of the car. My husband will have to shift these.

2. Sort out the items for the charity shop and put them in a bag

3. Install the new modem that's been sitting in a box for weeks!

4. File all the paperwork, recycle envelopes, put sensitive papers in confidential waste sack.

5. Recycle all the packaging materials in boxes laying around.

And I think that is my week planned out for me!
It helps me to break things down into individual tasks so I tick them off one at a time. It seems less overwhelming this way otherwise I look at our huge table and don't know where to start. Plus it's a great way to pace if , like me, you have fatigue issues; I will sit down and have a cup of tea between tasks. I'm really tired at the moment and I think I'm still struggling with some of the after effects of covid compounded by my usual fatigue and narcolepsy.

So what is your week looking like? Do you have any plans? How are things for you?

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: How is everyone getting on this week? Any plans?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2022 03:08PM »
I'm struggling myself, so I can't get my head round making a proper reply now but just wanted to say hugs and I'll read what you wrote in more detail later and respond properly.

:f_hug:
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 05 Apr 2022 05:46PM »
I'm struggling too. The wretched PIP review is still not looked at. I actually left the house today to collect owing items from the pharmacy which still aren't in after 7 days so I have ordered some from Amazon. It's such a trial leaving the house or making a phone call I've taken the easy option. I wore a mask everywhere I went but I didn't see anyone else anywhere wearing one. I did wonder whether because I so rarely leave the house maybe I am behind the times wearing a mask and maybe I look odd?!

Tomorrow I plan to put some things in the shed which will clear some space in the kitchen. And there's the Mind peer support group on zoom at midday. My weekly event where I actually speak.

I used to have a short list of tasks for each day but recently one thing feels like an achievement.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2022 09:02PM »
DD - it seems like you've got a practical plan for the week.  Encouraging.

Fiz, too, doing some bits of practical stuff.

I'm in a bit of a mess emotionally.  My boiler's broken down and it's not a heating crisis because I have electrical alternatives, but it means trusting the boiler company I have an annual service contract with to fix it. They've looked after my family's boilers for about 40 years, and they were always symbolic for me of whom I can trust, but a couple of years back, they ripped me off, so it hurts.

Anyway, they're visiting tomorrow and if they say it's not covered, I'll get quotes elsewhere.

Meanwhile,  I just had a letter from HMRC in response to a letter I sent them literally a year ago, saying sorry it's taken them so long, and they can't answer my question because my circumstances might have changed.

I phoned HMRC and got through to a member of staff who was very obviously having a breakdown, barely able to interact calmly, so I tried again and got through to someone helpful.

But I'm still struggling enormously with a sense I can't trust anyone. 

On the other hand, I went for a walk and there were kind and smiling people and it helped. 

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: 06 Apr 2022 03:06PM »
I had a really bad night and took diazepam at 4.30am to calm down so today hasn't been great. I would have put things in the shed but the padlock keys won't turn. The very solid padlock that is only a few months old is going rusty and appears to have jammed. Now how am I going to get into the shed? You would think large solid padlocks are meant for the outdoors? I didn't keep the B&Q receipt. No idea how I will get in the shed now. So today has been pants. Also realised it's my son's birthday tomorrow and am hoping Moonpig is way more effecient than I could be. My head is all over the place.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 06 Apr 2022 04:50PM »
I've just written a long post (for me) and my >expletive deleted< clumsy stupid fingers have (again) hit some sort of button which wiped the lot.  Can I have a new pair of better working hands, please  :f_steam: :f_doh: :f_wah: The shorter version:

Fiz, I assume you've tried dousing padlock's keyhole with WD40?

DD, have you managed any items off your list yet? (I'm a great fan of plans)

Sunny  :xfingers: re the boiler and you were well brave actually phoning a large organisation, which is something I try to avoid like, well, Covid-19 really (which started all the trouble getting through to any institution/company in the first place -  one wonders when it will end....)

As for me this week to date, I've at last sorted a problem I had with my bank, so one happy bunny!

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: 06 Apr 2022 10:02PM »
Hello DitchDweller

I now live in the village Wigginton to the North of York + we have 2 duck pond's Gessee seem to like 1 + duck's the other + I get a bag of wild bird food recomened by the RSPB they are greed critter's as I throw hand full's of seed in front of them I get a warm + fuzzy sence of pride + pleasure feeding them have'nt seen any baby's yet But I am entering a scare crow compation + as I'm disabled it will have only one leg + Sarah (staff) has a pair of flowery legging's I bought a pair of boot's with flower's painted on them but will need only 1 boot + we'll go for the flower power look + aged hippy will try to get a make beileve pot pipe (don't tell the police) joke

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 06 Apr 2022 11:46PM »
Gosh, that's a mixed bag of ups and downs.  I'm mentally gathering in the smiles from Ouchers having better days and distributing them amongst Ouchers having worse days.

Fiz - if all else fails with the lock, it may be possible to attack it with heavy duty bolt cutters like thieves do with some padlocks.  If you don't have any, it might be worth putting word out with neighbours that  you need to borrow some.

Bule - lovely of you to get proper bird food not bread.  So much better for the birds' health.

Kizzy - bank?  Well done! 

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 09 Apr 2022 04:02PM »
I used to have some WD40 and I rarely get rid of things so might be able to try that. Unless I have put it in the shed.

I am continuing to struggle. Just taking life one day at a time right now.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 09 Apr 2022 05:22PM »
I wish I could 'un-struggle' you.  I know hugs don't do a lot, but it comes with hope for you

:f_hug:

oldtone27

• Access All Areas
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2022 02:39PM »
I broke my ankle 2 week ago. In hospital recovering. I was lucky that a&e experience was good. Problem is mobility as broke ankle on good leg. Can't weight bear so pretty stuck. Fortunately pain well controlled. Just waiting around.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2022 03:30PM »
Aargh!  I confess that I hate being in hospital (well, it was ok in a military hospital having leg surgery, but maybe I was just lucky).  I don't know what your home circumstances are like (maybe you've said and I just didn't store the info adequately in my brain) - is everything ok in terms of your home and any family commitments?  Have you got what you need at the hospital?   (It's ok to ignore my questions!)

Big hugs

:big_hugs:

(Notice the hugs are carefully circular with a hole in the middle so as not to squeeze your ankle.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2022 05:29PM »
Oh, how rotten for you, OldTone!  I hope the hospital food is up to scratch...

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2022 08:03AM »
Oh oldtone, poor you. I hope you're not too bored and have nice roomies that don't snore. Are you able to have visitors? My local hospital has a norovirus outbreak so is closed to visitors which an online acquaintance is struggling with. But visitors were allowed prior to that despite Covid so hopefully you are allowed them there. Do they have any idea how long before you can go home? So frustrating to be bed bound  :f_hug:

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2022 01:35AM »

Fiz, I assume you've tried dousing padlock's keyhole with WD40?

The WD40 arrived from Amazon today and worked a treat! So that rusty padlock and keys are now in the bin and my new weatherproof padlock is on the shed door and the things that I had wanted to put in the shed are now in there. So that days tasks took a while but it's done. One thing went right today. Or should I say yesterday as it is now tomorrow.