Author Topic: Well ventilated toilet  (Read 800 times)

lankou

• Access All Areas
Well ventilated toilet
« on: 28 Feb 2022 09:20AM »
« Last Edit: 03 Mar 2022 06:42PM by lankou »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Well ventilated toilet
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2022 11:54AM »
OMG, who thought it was a good idea to place a loo in that position?!!!

Though it's a great view to take in for anyone having a sit-down visit  :f_laugh:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2022 12:48PM »
Still, it's always good to keep the windows open to blow the viruses and other germs away.

I'm not clear about what's where, though.  Is that the hand-wash facility I see about halfway down near the left?  A bit of a trek.  And where are the grab rails and pull cord for disabled trekkers? 

Come to think of it, shouldn't it be marked with sex/gender these days?  A loo isn't a loo any more without a proper fight over who's allowed to use it.  (No, I'm not inviting anyone here to fight over what's male/female/can't-agree.)
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2022 01:08PM »
Who wants the contract to empty the septic tank?

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2022 02:31PM »
Who wants the contract to empty the septic tank?

In my experience such bush thunderboxes  are of the "dry" compostable  type, using earth or sawdust. Inside can just be a dustbin and with a lid to be put on when it is full and needs changing.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2022 05:30PM »
Sudden mental image of a cat and a litter tray, followed by an image of a cat and a flower-bed or similar, followed by an image of a squaddie between bushes in a training area.  All on a spectrum.

Confession time - when I have doom-and-gloom moments about war, crisis, homelessness or whatever, one of the things that worries me most is the thought of no toilet access.  I see columns of desperate refugees and think "What do they wipe their bums with?" but then lots of people in the world use leaves, and besides, if you've little access to food, you've little undigested food to get rid of anyway.

Further thought (mind going off on different tangent) - where I live, over the years we've had cuts to public facilities. The old Victorian loos, often underground, were gradually closed, leaving the option of either using loos in places like shopping centres etc. or using what round here we call tardis loos.

But the tardis loos are typically wet underfoot, messy and all too often littered with used drug injection paraphenalia, so they've been mostly closed now.

Maybe time for us locals to say to the council "Never mind those silly planters you use to block off roads to create Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, why not install bush thunderboxes?" 
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2022 05:54PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2022 06:13PM »
using what round here we call tardis loos.

Turdis loos.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2022 07:15PM »
using what round here we call tardis loos.

Turdis loos.

:f_laugh:

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2022 08:50PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

I would be happy to use this loo + as every one has a simmular body I have nothing to hide + not embarressed the view would lossen my bodyly fuction's

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2022 09:46PM »
I think some people, particularly some women, get very anxious in mixed environments.  I grew up in a family that wasn't coy, and in the army there were times when there was no privacy, whether that meant shared loos or shared showers, so it doesn't come naturally to me to worry about people seeing my body.

My daft problem when I joined the army, which initially led to constipation, was that whilst I didn't mind others seeing me squatting, I had (and still have) a fear of being interrupted.  I don't know why but I suspect it's a hygiene thing, a sense that I mightn't have time to clean myself before pulling my clothes up.

So maybe if there was a queue for a thunderbox, I'd want to scrape a hole nearby and squat over that instead.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2022 12:55PM by Sunny Clouds »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2022 05:46PM »
Thanks for sharing, Sunny.... I'm still laughing at the word 'thunderbox'  :f_laugh: :f_laugh:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2022 05:18PM »
Where's the picture gone?  Has Lankou taken it away to replace it with one of him using the thunderbox?

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #12 on: 03 Mar 2022 06:43PM »
Where's the picture gone?  Has Lankou taken it away to replace it with one of him using the thunderbox?

It expired I have posted a similar one.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 03 Mar 2022 07:58PM »
 :thumbsup: