Author Topic: Who was a day late for a hospital appointment?  (Read 2001 times)

Yvette

Who was a day late for a hospital appointment?
« on: 17 Oct 2014 04:16PM »
Yes, I turned up at hospital for my appointment this afternoon to be told it was yesterday!   >crying<

The only thing in my defence is that I am on lots of morphine and am not quite with it. The receptionist was really kind about it and said that it does happen.

The hospital transport team were really nice too. 

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
Re: Who was a day late for a hospital appointment?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2014 05:05PM »
Oh dear, how frustrating!  >bighugs<

I do hope you are able to get another one promptly.

It's easily done; I've done it before with hairdressers appointments and dentist appointments.  So, you're not alone.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2014 05:26PM »
 >bighugs<

This happens to me frequently, especially when my MH is very bad It can be incredibly embarrassing, especially if happens more than once on the same department, but is something that most staff will have often encountered, so they won't think any less of you  >hugs<

Please try to not to blame yourself for what happened - in addition to your heavy medication, the brain's own response to severe and prolonged pain interferes with memory and concentration. Is there anyone you'd feel comfortable showing appointment letters to, who might be willing to programme reminders into your phone and the calendar software on your computer on your behalf, until you're feeling a bit less mentally floored?

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2014 05:39PM »
Oh boo! Yvette  >hugs<

Great suggestions from NN  >thumbsup<

Yvette

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2014 09:49AM »
Yes, thank you.

stalwart

« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2014 12:43PM »
I have a white board (courtesy of la) and nice people who transcribe my appointments on to it.

Glummum

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2014 02:44PM »
oh dear! I hope you don't have to wait ages on a new appointment !!

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2014 03:05PM »
That's almost as embarrassing as tipping up 24 hours early!

I did that twice in a row for appointments once, the problem was the first was in ENT for what turned out to be a non-malignant carcinoma, the second was for an appointment for my knees at the orthopaedic clinic!

I tipped up on the Monday and went to the Fracture Clinic, the lady behind the counter looked at me and said "Tony, this appointment is for ENT and it's tomorrow!"

The following Tuesday I tipped up at the Fracture Clinic and Joan, the receptionist said, "Tony, this appointment is for tomorrow!  Again!"

So instead of two trips to the hospital I ended up going four times and three times to the orthopod!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Yvette

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2014 09:31AM »
What a pain.  And so easily done - as I know for myself.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2014 12:44PM »
I missed a GP appointment recently which was very embarrassing.  I suddenly remembered it but was 30 miles away.  Of course I then had to wait ages for a new appointment.

I turned up at work yesterday fro training to find I wa a day late though I don't think it was entirely my fault on this occasion but it was annoying and a waste of 60 miles worth of petrol.

Yvette

« Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2014 07:34PM »
 >hugs<

gorbut

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2014 10:38AM »
I made flu jab appts for my son and daughter for last Friday and completely forgot until it was far too late to go. I shall have to see today if I can make more. I feel a bit silly :-(