Author Topic: Very Sad News 're Devine 63  (Read 27536 times)

Ricardomeister

• Charter Member
Re: Very Sad News 're Devine 63
« Reply #30 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:02PM »
Very sad news indeed. RIP Deb and condolences to your family and friends.

xSparksx

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:10PM »
Terribly shocked and saddened to hear this. My condolences to all who loved her.

pooldenver

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:23PM »
Am so sorry to hear about Debs, I to looked  forward to her posts.
 May god take you in his arms.  >angel<
My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:29PM »
I'm really sad to hear this news and ask that condolences be passed onto Debs family - she was a really helpful person and will be missed  >dove<
Monic

WheeledTraveler

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:33PM »
I'm so sad to hear this. She was so helpful on the board and clearly had spent her life mostly helping other people (including as part of her profession). My sympathies to her family and all her friends. (I don't think offline friends are necessarily any closer or more upset when a friend dies than online friends.)

Sunshine, thank you for sending out the announcement. I haven't been around and would have felt so badly if I'd not found out until I do manage to get the spoons back to really be here. Will you please, also, let us know if her family post to FB saying anything about where to send condolences? I'd love to be able to at least send an e-card to them.

Glummum

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:41PM »
Oh I am so sorry to hear this, although I don't post much I know Deb was always here and did so much work on here. She also replied to me via email, and I was so chuffed that she took the time to do that. My condolences to everyone here and to her family, xxxx

Minniehaha

« Reply #36 on: 19 Jun 2014 06:43PM »
This is such sad news.  Debs was an outstanding contributor to OuchToo and will be sorely missed.  I send my condolences to her family and friends, hoping they are comforted in the knowledge that her passing was peaceful.

God bless you Debs, rest in peace.  Xxx >dove< >rose<

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #37 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:00PM »
I am lost for words. 

There were so many times that Deb posted just seconds before me and said what I thought, so I didn't need to post what I was going to. 

May she rest in peace.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Fiz

• Access All Areas
« Reply #38 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:03PM »
Still struggling with the shock of this. I can't imagine how her friends and family must be feeling. Deb and I emailed prior to dd starting at Uni with lots of advice and support for my dd, she really was a gem at helping others. This really is a loss to all who knew her but what a legacy she has left. Her family must be proud.

AndMac

• Charter Member
« Reply #39 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:17PM »
Just to echo what everyone else has said. This is such sad news.

Deb was so real and grounded in her presence here, always so willing to help and one of the first to post a supportive comment when support was needed.
I'm sure she was just the same in all her relations in real life, prepared to go the extra mile, supportive and empathic. She was so much a rounded person on here and shared so much with us, how could it be otherwise?

I will miss her and I never met her, can't imagine how her loved ones must feel. I really do hope they know how much she was valued.
It hasn't been the best of weeks for me, but this puts it all into perspective. 

Like others, I am grateful that her passing was peaceful, but it was far, far too soon.

God bless you Debs, and may you rest in peace.

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things".

Dorothy Parker

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:35PM »
I was shocked when I heard the news. I had the privilege of meeting Debs once, and she was lovely, funny, witty, and a very caring person.

Her death is very sad news for many people, her family and close friends especially, obviously, and my thoughts are with them.

She will be much missed on Ouch.

Goodnight, and thank you Debs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:36PM »
I just had an odd thought that popped into my head that I'd like to share with you.  Having come back into Ouch after a break of an hour or so, I naturally looked at this thread.  The first thing that came into my head was Deb will be along in a moment to support us in our grief, then I got my brain in gear and remembered it was Deb we're talking about. 

I mention it because I think it illustrates how I perceived her - someone who'd turn up when you needed some support.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:40PM »
If anyone has contact (through FB or other means) with members of her family, it would be good if they knew of the existence of this thread - at this difficult time it might bring them some comfort to know how much Deb was loved and valued here.

ChrisPage

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: 19 Jun 2014 07:52PM »
Rest in Peace, Debs.  >broken-heart<

WiddlingDiddling

• Bronze Member
« Reply #44 on: 19 Jun 2014 08:00PM »

I am sorry to hear this - I don't post here often but I lurk, and would often read Deb's posts. RIP Deb x