Author Topic: Very cynical  (Read 6638 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Very cynical
« on: 11 Aug 2013 07:19PM »
Sorry if too many of my posts seem negative and cynical.  I'm going through a phase of feeling that way in many areas of my life.  Maybe I'm just sinking emotionally under the weight of government and big business propaganda.  I was reminded by Jockice's post about the thieves that I don't want to end up with a negative view of the world around me, but it's a bit uphill at the moment.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Yvette

Re: Very cynical
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2013 07:43PM »
Sunny, you have a lot on your plate and you are going through a difficult time so it is understandable that you are feeling cynical.    >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2013 07:47PM »
Thank you.  I feel I very much need hugs at the moment.  Indeed, were it not for so many very kind people supporting me online over the years, I wouldn't be here to tell the tale.  I sometimes wonder if I'm one of those people that get called vampires, sucking out other people's kindness and energy and positivity and I just hope that people feel able to scroll on by or counter me when I'm being too negative or too demanding.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2013 07:48PM »
Sunny, you have nothing to apologise for at all.  >bighugs< The current climate of cuts and propaganda would make anyone feel cynical and gloomy.

And I certainly would not classify you as a 'vampire'!

>bighugs<

Yvette

« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2013 07:49PM »
Sunny, you are not a vampire.  Unless you wish to dress up as one at Halloween!

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2013 07:56PM »
Firstly - have a big hug and one from each of my three cats.

Secondly - you are not a vampire.  You give a lot of support to all of us.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2013 08:53PM »
 >blackcat< Sunny Cat would like to point out that he takes priority over me for any hugs from cats.  Indeed he takes priority over me in general...

WheeledTraveler

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2013 09:20PM »
*hugs*

You are one of the least vampire-ish people I know without even thinking about any of the "extenuating circumstances". You've shown here time and time again that you think of others before yourself even when that's not in your own best interest. Do let us support you the way you support us!

And SunnyCat can have some love, but he certainly doesn't rank above you. If he complains, he can go hang out with my cat and they can get into fights over self-importance.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2013 10:19PM »
My Birmans might conceivably hug another cat but Harriet definitely only hugs people and likes mental heathers and cynical people best.

And I still want to be your friend on Facebook.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2013 10:41PM »
Thank you.

I'm on a roller-coaster at the moment.  I take a cocktail of meds and when my moods go haywire, I adjust them a bit.  It's easier said than done because each has more than one effect, but if I do nothing, it all goes totally pear-shaped.

starsmurf

« Reply #10 on: 11 Aug 2013 10:53PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >chocolate< >chocolate< >chocolate< >chocolate< >chocolate< >chocolate<

>blackcat< >hugs< >blackcat< >hugs< >blackcat< >hugs< for you and Sunnycat (we need a cat cuddle smiley)

I think you're worrying about nothing, Sunny.  Starcat agrees with me.  He's the size of a Maine Coon so I don't recommend arguing with him.  Although I do recommend his hugs, the purring makes your whole body vibrate.  They think cat purrs may help healing (due to vibrations at the right frequency) so it'll be good for you!

I often think adjusting your doses when you take several medications is like playing Twister, where you're in a position a contortionist would find difficult and the other players are using up all the spots...
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 11 Aug 2013 10:59PM »
Thank you.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2013 11:10PM »
Starcat sounds lovely.  My big boy William makes quite a good heat pack for my back at night.  I guess you would have to freeze your cat for that which might not work so well.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 11 Aug 2013 11:13PM »
Sunny Cat vibrates gently.  However, he clings on tightly, which is the giveaway that he's happy.  At any given time, I have claw marks in various stages of healing on my arms and thighs where he's refused to let me stop stroking him. 

gemini20

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: 12 Aug 2013 12:34AM »
 >bighugs< >hugs< >bighugs< >hugs< >bighugs< >rose<