Author Topic: LONDON BRIDGE'S  (Read 2550 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Re: LONDON BRIDGE'S
« Reply #30 on: 28 May 2022 05:05PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

Adjudtments are all about consideration + a lot of that is down to comman sense + people remembering that they are only cog's grinding away in a machine called society that  is oiled by LOVE

I liked the anolagy about organise-ing people on a bus with those capable sitting upstair's + you sitting on the bottom step

Any ouch reader can chip with their thoughts + views I will read them + incorparate in to a radio play

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #31 on: 31 May 2022 04:28PM »
This is a great idea Bule.

I love listening to radio plays and marvel at the skills taken to write one. Unfortunately, I'm not a very creative person and wouldn't know where to start with writing one.
Following on from the ideas you and Sunny have discussed around demonstrating, I will try and put my thinking cap on and see if I can add to this storyline at all.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 31 May 2022 09:26PM »
I don't even know how long a play like that would sensibly be for people to want to listen to it.  I'm rather thinking less than an hour and more than 20 min.  30 min?

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: 31 May 2022 10:39PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

I think it would last longer than 20/30 minutes if we start with an explosive beginning maybe a kidnapping attempt on the PM + a storming of parilment with the surport of all opperstion groups this will get the attention of the genral public then tell  the frustation's of margnlised disabled people who have been registerd witth disabilty registerd groups for over one year this will block any extremist indervidual/ group trying to give us a bad name. So half the battle is in perparation

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: 01 Jun 2022 10:59AM »
Would it seem too daft to tie the PM up and sling him across a couple of wheelchairs?

I have an image of the people storming parliament all using their strengths.

What if a small group of disabled MPs and Peers took over their respective houses?  They could be backed up and cheered on by those of their colleagues that have other social disadvantages or have experienced them.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #35 on: 01 Jun 2022 04:37PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

I agree disabled MP's + Peer's can do a lot of lobbying . It would  a great help if you were to talk to your frind's + get their udea's view's on how disabled people's issue's. We could tie the PM in to a wheelchair for a month this way he get's more than a token gesture + learn how to cope with his job  in the house of comman's/ flying to talk with World leaders  getting in + out of car's keeping to an inter-national time schedual would be next to  impossable

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: 01 Jun 2022 07:55PM »
Does it have to be realistic, or could there be some way of locking him in using 'modern technology' so the locks can't be picked?  I don't think such technology yet exists, but it could be a bit futuristic.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #37 on: 01 Jun 2022 08:09PM »
Hello Sunny Clouds

YES we could use some futerist idea's like using an un-pickable lock's to hold him in a wheelchair  + his weasle tounge will not help him (~do you like me im-mobilsing his right arm)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: 02 Jun 2022 07:48PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's + Ditch Deweller

I am thinking it could be long lasting like the ARCHERS stead of rural life a 1/2 hour seasion/program could happen in every city in every country Englald, Scotland, Wale's +

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #39 on: 02 Jun 2022 07:59PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's + Ditch Deweler

I was trying to say every city in every country England, Scotland Wale's Northen Ireland + tyhe I

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: 03 Jun 2022 04:01PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's + Ditch Deweller
I was trying oi say England Scotland Wale's Northen Ireland + Ierish Republic then Europe Africa South America North Amercic Canada Japan Austrila NewZeakand then hopefully the more sensitve communist/totslan will see we are no threat +
welcome us with open arm's of love + never ending peace

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: 03 Jun 2022 07:40PM »
Here's where I find it difficult.  I hope I don't sound too negative.

On the one hand, I'd like it if it was like the Archers, but for a long term thing you'd need someone senior in the BBC or whoever else you want to broadcast it  to think "Hey, the listeners would like that!"

I'm not convinced that they'd do that, particularly at the moment.

An alternative that some people would use, would be to do it online, but you need someone who does that sort of thing and I've no connections. 

On the other hand, if initially there was a one-off drama, which would act to test out audience reaction, and, if people liked it, act as a first episode, I think that might attract interest from people who'd make and broadcast a serial.

So maybe what's needed is a plot for a single drama, but some proposed, simple storylines for future episodes.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #42 on: 03 Jun 2022 07:54PM »
Hello Sunny  let's hope together we can make the C

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #43 on: 03 Jun 2022 08:21PM »
Hello Sunny

Before the mistake I was trying to say together we can HUFF + PUFF + blow the clouds away to let the sunshine through + make you happy !.
]

YES a one off program so we can  judge the listenner's reaction to a diffrent life style where they the genral public + if they are intrsted we can think about doing a long lasting serie's #(the Acher's started as a one of trail blazer will be affectrd. It could be called THE EVER  ROTATING WHEEL ( of a wheelchair

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #44 on: 03 Jun 2022 11:15PM »
So does the play end with the prime minister carried away strapped to a wheelchair?  That would be a good ending.  For a one-off play, it would be the classic doom ending, and for the start of a series it would be an opportunity to see what comes next.

So there's a group of disabled people, they meet in a cafĂ© and plan a demo.  Is it possible the demo they plan isn't intended to end up with seizing the prime minister, it was just supposed to be noisy and getting the message across, but by the end of the play, it's gone all the way?

You'd need larger numbers of people. Word of the original demo spreading?  Or what if, by coincidence, it turned out there were some other demos on the same day, maybe an anniversary of something?

So the wheelies & wobblies set out and bump into the deafies, and then a bit later, find themselves uniting with the mad'uns etc?

Over to you. 

I've been struggling in lots of ways, but things like this give me a sense that whether this play ever gets aired, getting the word out about disability rights really matters, so it's worth a try to come up with a play.