Author Topic: Positive News Website  (Read 626 times)

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
Positive News Website
« on: 13 Dec 2021 11:20AM »
For those fed up with doom and gloom news items and need to read something more uplifting and enjoyable, then can I recommend the Positive News Website.
It covers news items from both the UK and worldwide.

https://www.positive.news/

The only thing that I find slightly annoying is a pop up which keeps coming up asking me if I wish to subscribe to the print magazine edition. I'm sure there's a way of stopping that but being a bit of a numpty I have no idea how!

Happy reading!

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Positive News Website
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2021 02:00PM »
I love sites like that.  Sadly I doubt if they get enough click-throughs to sustain it without sufficient sales of the print edition.  Gosh, what sort of world do we live in where my instinctive reaction to seeing tht pop-up is that positive news would be less likely to get enough click-throughs than other news?   

I also like watching those naff Youtube videos that are compilations of heart-warming video clips.  You know the sort of thing - footballer falls and gets injured and the opposing team all stand aside and still to let his colleague score a goal for him.  I cling onto reminders of good things happening and human kindness.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2021 02:33PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)