Author Topic: Random hugs to random Ouchers  (Read 1000 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Random hugs to random Ouchers
« on: 10 May 2022 08:14PM »
I know you've each got your problems, in your own way having to cope with difficult stuff, so here's some random hugs to pay forward kindnesses others have given me offline.

Here's a socially distanced hug

(((Hug)))

Here's a hug from a fellow Oucher

:f_hug:

Here's a group hug with Ouch-bubble members (fully jabbed - virtually or otherwise)

:big_hugs:

And if you prefer not to have hugs, here's an alternative

:coffee:

Keep going, lovely Ouchers.  You've kept me going.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Random hugs to random Ouchers
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2022 07:50AM »
Thank you :f_rose:

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2022 08:09AM »

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2022 02:59PM »
Nah, that health professional wouldn't work for me.    Wouldn't purr. 

It was only recently that I saw something about stroking pets increasing your oxytocin levels that it occurred to me that no longer having a cat reduced my wellbeing in more ways than just companionship. 

I'd not be able to cope with a dog, though.  They're not assertive enough when training their humans.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2022 04:25PM »
The attached photo is me being trained by my mums dog.  That’s the expression that says why are you sitting there it’s time for another walk

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2022 04:41PM »
Aargh, a beastie like that would be like having an exercise instructor, making just one more set of exercises seem innocently easy, as you set off knowing it's going to take energy.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2022 06:18PM »
What an appealing little dog, Monic!

Sunny, have I read it right that you're currently catless?

Here's a group hug with Ouch-bubble members (fully jabbed - virtually or otherwise)

:f_laugh: and I hope you've all sanitised your hands  :f_whistle:   

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2022 07:15PM »
What an appealing little dog, Monic!

:f_laugh: and I hope you've all sanitised your hands  :f_whistle:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2022 09:36PM »

Yes.

I had cats for years, but stopped replacing them because of moving back into the family home, with an alarm that has room sensors in the downstairs rooms and some upstairs areas.   I had a couple of cats after moving back here, but then got too jumpy about leaving the alarm off when I was out.

Also, I had initially planned not to stay here long, so I had thought best not to get a cat if I was going to move soon.  Of course, things don't always work out the way we plan.

I wish I'd got a nearby cat rescue place, because some let you go and spend time with the cats. 

Mind you, serves me right for not getting a human partner to cuddle, although I gather they're more liable than cats to get fed up with their cuddle-providers!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2022 09:34AM »
Love the T-shirt, Lankou  :f_laugh:

...serves me right for not getting a human partner to cuddle, although I gather they're more liable than cats to get fed up with their cuddle-providers!

I don't think I could cope with a human partner now - give me a feline any day...

My three-legged furry friend Wicket sends purrs to you all  :cat:

SashaQ

• Access All Areas
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2022 09:04PM »
Random hugs to random Ouchers from me, as well  :big_hugs:

and  :f_hug:  to Sunny - I'm fine, thanks.  I spend most time online volunteering on h2g2.com but I lurk here from time to time, too - good to see you around. 

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: 03 Sep 2022 09:56PM »
I  hadn't even heard of h2g2.com.  I've just taken a look and found a joke thread, which cheered me up, on top of being cheered up by the news that you're ok. Bonus.

SashaQ

• Access All Areas
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #12 on: 03 Sep 2022 10:37PM »
Excellent  :f_hug:  - the site has some technical issues at the moment, so you might see an error message here and there, but it still contains great stuff (eg one of my favourite pieces is a fine vintage from 2001 'The Joy of Socks' https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A583300 ).  h2g2 used to be part of the BBC website like ye olde Ouch and was sold off in 2011.   

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: 04 Sep 2022 12:26AM »
I got half way through that, enjoying it, then decided, feeling tired, that I'll enjoy the rest tomorrow.  I've a susicion the site is more-ish. 

SashaQ

• Access All Areas
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #14 on: 04 Sep 2022 10:43AM »
Yes 'more-ish' is a good word, so we do have to be careful not to go delving into it too far when we should be getting ready for bedtime - I hope you managed to sleep as well as possible  :coffee: