Author Topic: How can we let people know the truth about sickness and disability benefits.  (Read 3575 times)

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
Incapacity Benefit has a fraud rate of just 0.3%.  DLA 0.5%.

as contrasted with OAPs Pension Credit 1.6%
and TAB*  Job Seekers Allowance    3.4%

http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd2/fem/fem_apr10_mar11.pdf

This shows, without a shadow of a doubt, that sickness and disability benefits are not being fraudulently claimed by large numbers, as government ministers have stated.

DLA underpayments of 2.4% prove that disabled people are more likely to underplay, than overplay their disability.

How can we let people know this?

*TAB Temporarily Able Bodied (on the basis that we will all become disabled if we live long enough).

« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012 10:39PM by One Girl and her Big Dog »

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
I suspect it will be a slow and frustrating process. One thing I think would help a little is if those of us who use forums for non disabled issues post where appropriate the actual govt figures and simply state facts.

For me I prefer to do this without rhetoric , because I think sometimes using emotive and insulting terms about the govt etc can make people think youre a militant and stop listening. Sliding facts in hopefully will pierce the conciousness of people who usually just accept what the media feed them and begin asking questions.
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

hossylass

We should just have a template and drop it into all the comments sections of newspapers and message boards pretty randomly and repeatedly.

OK, we may look mad, but better mad than bad. >devil<

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
Yep a template would certainly help for those days when we cant think of how to express things.. it would also be good for using in amongst more individualised comments for those of us who are bad at holding figures in our heads.
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
How about this then:

According to the DWPs latest figures Incapacity Benefit has a fraud rate of 0.3%, that is just three in a thousand.

Disability Living Allowance has a fraud rate of 0.5%, or five in every thousand.

This shows, without a shadow of a doubt, that sickness and disability benefits are NOT being fraudulently claimed by large numbers.

Job Seekers Allowance has a fraud rate of 3.4%, and Pension Credit a fraud rate of 1.6%, why are these groups not targetted?

The evidence is here http://research.dwp.gov.uk/asd/asd2/fem/fem_apr10_mar11.pdf 

Feel free to spread far and wide. 1G
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2012 10:39PM by One Girl and her Big Dog »

Fizzbw

That is great 1G.

Can things like this be put into a pinned info thread?

Fizzbw xxxx

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
um, not sure whar a pinned info thread is, but i've just managed to copy and paste into a sun comments section. 1G

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
Thanks Hossy

Tax Credit - estimated fraud and error favouring the claimant 7.4%
but when you look more closely, estimated fraud is only 1.4%, with 5.9% quoted as error (and yes, i know that doesn't add up to 7.4!)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
[pedant alert]

If you are going to copy and paste those comments, it might be worth noting that there is only one D in 'shadow'

[pedant alert]

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
Ah, sorry about that, spelling is not a strong point for me. Will change it.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Sorry, 1G, I hope I didn't cause offence. I would never correct anyone's spelling here unless something was intended for public release.

edited typo  >lol<
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2012 12:51PM by Hurtyback »

One Girl and her Big Dog

• Access All Areas
  • Diamond member
No, not at all.  As i said, spelling is not a strong point for me, and i'm glad to have errors pointed out if something has been put up for public consumption.  Thank you  :-)

1G

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Hello 1G

Could the info Hossylass added a link to be debated on each + every local radio station the BBC broadcast's as they are surpossed to be im-partially if not can we have a lisence refund + let commercical radio broadcast sush a debate the BBC could also do it on-line + an inter-national audiance can learn more about our 2 faced/decitful govt so other nation's can avoid the UNDER-HAND CONFIDANCE TRICKSTER'S in No 10 + we'll be thrown out of the gentalman's club called the EU + I personaly will be pleased with that