Author Topic: mental health  (Read 1522 times)

Serena

mental health
« on: 21 Jan 2012 07:20PM »
Hi
I've never posted on a message board before,but I have a serious mental health problem that I need advice with,so I hope this goes to the right place.
Thanks
Serena,

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
Re: mental health
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2012 07:26PM »
Hi Serena,

>welcome<

We are a mixed bunch here, with all sorts of different experiences so there is usually someone around who may be able to help you if you have any questions.  It can be a bit quieter over the weekend, so don't be too disheartened if you don't get many replies until next week.

Is there anything in particular we can help you with?

DarthVector

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2012 09:41PM »
Welcome to OuchToo, Serena.

A word of warning: most of this board is publicly readable to anyone who wanders in from the Internet. If there's something you'd like to talk about that you'd prefer only board members to see, you can post in the "3 am and still awake" section:

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?board=20.0

Please be aware that other people will be discussing mental health issues, so if you find it distressing to read about certain things, you may need to be careful which other threads you read. Board policy is that "triggering" threads should be marked with a warning triangle graphic, but people do sometimes forget.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2012 09:42AM »
Hi Serena, welcome to OuchToo.
There are a few people here with mental illness, you will find that those who don't have mental illness are supportive too. 
Darth is right, anyone can read what you post here, (except on the 3am board; that's members only; you can use it but your friends/ family/ random people can't see it) - but if you read some of the other posts you will see that most of us are pretty open about things.
Also, unless you choose to put it out here, nobody knows where in the world you are or what your full name is (for all anybody knows, your real name could be Jonathan Smith), so please don't be scared of asking any questions you have. 
I hope you feel able to ask for the advice you want and that someone here can help - if you're not confident that you can't be recognised, use the 3am board.