Author Topic: We Buy Any Car > are they tyre kickers?  (Read 168 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
We Buy Any Car > are they tyre kickers?
« on: 22 Nov 2022 09:07AM »
Hi All,

I know you guys are due a catch up from me in 3am and I will try to get to that later.

At the weekend we sold my car to We Buy Any Car, they did the usual thing of offering a okay price then dropping it by hundreds. Mr Sunshine got them back up to a reasonable amount and checks were done paperwork done and payment due in three days. Comes to yesterday I get an email saying the payment is on hold with no explanation. It makes me just want to go and get the car back and have it go on sale privately. I mean if WBAC are going to tire kick the deal and the car I may as well have people come to the house and do the same.

It is a 2015 Tourneo Connect Petrol version and when it was MOT and serviced last month the mechanic said it was a popular car and hard to find. I would have got more selling it privately but the money transfer but scared me because of the level of fraudsters and here I sit on hold.

I am so annoyed and worried 3am knows why but I wanted to post this WBAC thread here in General  :f_steam:

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: We Buy Any Car > are they tyre kickers?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2022 05:52PM »
I have no personal experience of selling a car, but this WBAC outfit doesn't sound a lot different from a 'private' scammer, despite their website's flowery promises .... would it be worth trying a bricks-and-mortar car dealership in your town instead of an online-based firm?

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: We Buy Any Car > are they tyre kickers?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2022 12:33PM »
Thank you for the suggestion it is a good one but the money magically appeared in my bank account with no email or phone call explanation.

This is what I personally think happened and I could be completely wrong. I think WBAC sold my car on and made sure the profit margin was enough before paying me. Had they not done that they would maybe have reduced their offered price and I would have been left with little option than to take it. WBAC has to know the people they buy cars from needed the money quickly so in the circumstance I mentioned I would have been at great disadvantage when it came to negotiations. Not least because they had informed the DVLA I had sold the car and the DVLA had sent me a email saying that. It would have been harder to sell the car without a valid V5.