Author Topic: How to Fill in a PIP Review Form  (Read 3004 times)

Monic1511

Re: How to Fill in a PIP Review Form
« Reply #45 on: 27 Jan 2023 05:08PM »
My award is till 2025 but I don’t know when the SSS will transfer folk, who knows the way our politics is going.
I will get round to properly looking at the form but it wasn’t fun that’s for sure

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #46 on: 27 Jan 2023 07:29PM »
...“do you have 1 leg or 2”
Are they serious????  Strewth.  ...

I'm just thinking for a moment how funny it would be if someone completely psychotic filled the form in with stuff like "No, I have four legs, although my delusional psychiatric nurse thinks two of them are arms."

The reality, of course, is that if someone did that, the person assessing them would assume that they were just taking the wotsit, write off the application and wait for the news story that they'd starved to death or something.

But personally, I need humour to cope with this sort of nonsense on forms by seeing the silly side before wearily answering the nonsense questions as accurately and sanely as possible.

I hope that all of you here currently going through any sort of bureaucratic nonsense have coping strategies that work for you.

For any that find hugs helpful...

:big_hugs:
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

« Reply #47 on: 27 Jan 2023 09:06PM »
I’ve found the Scottish form and on page 91 it says
How many feet do you have
One
Two
None
https://www.socialsecurity.gov.scot/asset-storage/production/downloads/Adult-Disability-Payment-V3-October-2022-interactive.pdf
 :f_yikes:

So I did make a mistake in my recall :f_laugh:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #48 on: 27 Jan 2023 09:44PM »
I'd love to be one of a pair of conjoined twins filling the form in.  "I think I share two feet, but my sister says we have one each."

Being a bit more serious for a moment, I know they try to make these forms straightforward, albeit not always mapping on properly to eligibility criteria, but I can't help but think of scenarios that don't fit rigid prescribed lists, and it doesn't help where, in my opinion, the eligibility criteria for benefits are bonkers.

Still, we have to humour the politicians and senior bureaucrats.  It occurs to me that next time I fill a PIP form in, I'll conceptualise it in terms of teaching a primary school child.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2023 11:23PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

oldtone27

• Access All Areas
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jan 2023 10:44AM »
How many feet do you have?

7 1/2

2 with 5 toes each and 5 1/2 with 12 inches each.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: 28 Jan 2023 05:02PM »
How many feet do you have?

7 1/2

2 with 5 toes each and 5 1/2 with 12 inches each.

:f_laugh: