Author Topic: Very Poorly Dog  (Read 744 times)

Monic1511

• Access All Areas
Re: Very Poorly Dog
« Reply #15 on: 10 Nov 2022 09:57PM »
This might be stupid but I can’t have new pets now as I often need to travel 200 miles to care for mum and have no one to look after a pet so after I had to get Sasha put to sleep (stroke)  :f_wah:  I got a stuffed toy which when squeezed has a heartbeat, immediately after Sasha leaving I would find myself hugging the toy cat.

Give yourself time to grieve and don’t feel guilty  :big_hugs:

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2022 11:06AM »
This week has felt very strange  I must admit. There are times that I think I can hear him and I find myself going to talk to him. And then I realise all over again that he's not here.

We do have something to look forward to though. At the weekend we went to look at a litter of puppies  :heart: . My husband has had his eye on this particular breeder for some time and serendipitously they have puppies ready now. They haven't had a litter for three years as they wouldn't breed during lockdown and won't have another for 18 months at least. They are Basset Springer cross puppies and absolutely gorgeous. We met both parents and I wanted to smuggle the dad home with us. He's a second generation cross and has the most wonderful personality and temperament.
The puppy we have chosen is a girl and we have named her Prue. We pick her up at the end of next week.

I've been shopping for puppy toys for teething, and a little puppy collar! We now need to start to start puppy proofing as much as possible and book training classes. It's 20 years since we raised a puppy (the other dogs were adult rescues) so having to relearn what to do. I'm looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.

All our dogs have had such unique personalities and have been a joy to have in our lives. They have all enriched our lives in so many ways and I'm sure Prue will be just the same.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 17 Nov 2022 05:38PM »
If you start off with that attitude, surely you're half way there when it comes to training her. 
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #18 on: 18 Nov 2022 12:06PM »
Thank you. I do hope so!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: 21 Nov 2022 04:07PM »
How lovely, a new puppy - of course she can't replace Benji, but I think she will help with your sense of loss.  Let us know how she settles in...