« Reply #30 on: 06 Oct 2022 10:41AM »
That's one mean cat  :f_laugh:

Is there any other kind?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Cats
« Reply #31 on: 07 Oct 2022 04:50PM »
When it comes down to it... er, no!  Why do we give house room to these furry horrors  :f_doh:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 07 Oct 2022 04:54PM »
When it comes down to it... er, no!  Why do we give house room to these furry horrors  :f_doh:

Because they order us to.

Likewise there's a cat next door to me that insists on being stroked.  There have been times when I've attempted to leave the house and she's given me that look that makes it explicitly clear that I'm not permitted to go anywhere without stopping to stroke her unless it's an absolute emergency.

I've a horrible suspicion that if anything happened to her human servant, such as if he emigrated or died, she'd move in.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: 07 Oct 2022 05:00PM »
Oh, that look....

Hmmm, might you be acquiring a feline companion in the not-too-distant future??

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: 07 Oct 2022 05:24PM »
Not intentionally.

I have been servant to seven cats, plus some cats who stayed with me temporarily whilst deciding whether I met their standards.

After the last one very inconsiderately died, I decided not to provide my hotel facilities to another, not knowing what my plans were.  I'm now even less certain.

Which is probably why certain local cats seem to feel able to take advantage of my goodwill.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #35 on: 07 Oct 2022 05:51PM »

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: 07 Oct 2022 09:43PM »
That's better.  Dogs are there to serve.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: 08 Oct 2022 08:29PM »
This is getting ridiculous.  I went to the shops today.  I wasn't even allowed to leave my porch without sitting and stroking the cat from next door, and when I returned, she was in my porch, making it very clear I wasn't allowed into my house until I'd stroked her.  I insisted she purr vigorously so that I could feel the purring as a soothing vibration.

What is the world coming to?

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #38 on: 09 Oct 2022 08:09AM »
This is getting ridiculous.  I went to the shops today.  I wasn't even allowed to leave my porch without sitting and stroking the cat from next door, and when I returned, she was in my porch, making it very clear I wasn't allowed into my house until I'd stroked her.  I insisted she purr vigorously so that I could feel the purring as a soothing vibration.

What is the world coming to?

I looked out of the kitchen window just now to see "Sylvester" (a black and white cat,) I have no idea whose cat it is, staring at me angrily waving it tail about. Apparently, it is my fault yet again.

ditchdwellers

• Access All Areas
« Reply #39 on: 09 Oct 2022 01:04PM »
When I visited my sister this week, she has a cat who always insists on sitting on me even though he knows I'm not particularly fond of cats.

He's a very vocal cat. You can hear him announcing his presence when he enters the house. He's also a tormentor of local wildlife, which is the bit that puts me off cats I'm afraid.
Anyway, he walked into the house and I thought to myself 'oh no, devil cat has arrived ' and he walked into the sitting room, saw me, and made a running, flying, leap across 10 feet of carpet into my lap. He instantly started purring loudly and clawing at my lap, causing pain the little bugger, then deliberately nudged the mug of tea out of my hand.
With mission accomplished he leapt back on the floor and proudly strutted out of the door  :f_laugh:

And you wonder why I prefer dogs :biggrin:

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #40 on: 09 Oct 2022 03:28PM »
Gosh, that could come close to putting me off cats.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: 09 Oct 2022 09:47PM »
I opened my side entry door for something and I'd barely turned my back when the neighbour's cat came in.  No, she didn't want to go back out.  I ended up sitting with her on my lap.  At this rate she's going to move in.

Oh well, if I carry on pretending to be annoyed, she'll carry on insisting on taming me, and we'll carry on getting purrs & cuddles.

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #42 on: 06 Nov 2022 12:22PM »

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #43 on: 06 Nov 2022 11:41PM »
That's too accurate a portrayal for comfort!

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #44 on: 21 Nov 2022 01:08PM »
Bohemian Catsody click on link: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXezLv_5RaY