Author Topic: LONDON BRIDGE'S  (Read 4489 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
LONDON BRIDGE'S
« on: 18 May 2022 09:22PM »
I have been thinking about a stage play to get  the govt thinking very serously about disabled people + it would sybalisy every bridge in LONDON barricade every bridge  so the country could not trade (import/export to the rest of the World so holding the country  the country to economic hostage so wheelchair user's + people on crutch's can claim responsiblty to been history maker's we ccan demanned full inter-gration in to main stream society with DIGNETY

Could people let me know thier view's on this idea ?

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
Re: LONDON BRIDGE'S
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2022 09:57PM »
I'd enjoy a play like that, but I don't think it would motivate the government and I don't think it would do much to motivate those that don't already campaign, because they probably wouldn't  turn up for it.

So from my perspective, as a play, yes; as a way of changing government views, no.

That being said, as you know, I'm cynical.  I think the only way of persuading our Tory government to improve things for disabled people would be to convince it that improving our lives would (1) save money for the state/taxpayer; (2) make more money for their friends; (2) win them votes; (4) not leave them without some useful scapegoats for divide-and-rule policies.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2022 08:14AM »

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2022 09:37AM »
Hello Lankou

Having a dig at my bad spelling seem's childish when Sunny Clouds gave a very constive reply. But I was trying to say SYMBOLIC.

i hope you find my reply respectfully

lankou

• Access All Areas
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2022 10:02AM »
Hello Lankou

Having a dig at my bad spelling seem's childish when Sunny Clouds gave a very constive reply. But I was trying to say SYMBOLIC.

i hope you find my reply respectfully

I was not having a dig, I just had no idea what it was.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2022 11:14AM »
Maybe I could chill you both by giving you a smile about a different, silly sort of spelling problem?

I touch type, but problems with fingers drooping a bit, especially when tired, means I make lots of typos but usually correct them even before I see them on screen or very rapidly after I see them.  On my last three keyboards, I wore out the backspace key before all the rest.  As I typed that last sentence, I made around six or eight errors I immediately corrected.

But occasionally that doesn't work, and I caused much (friendly) amusement on another site when I had a mild concussion and wasn't able to correct as I typed.

My most common error is for fingers to droop as I type, so I finish a word 'lyk' for 'ly'.

Let's see if I can type without correcting (I'm not faking it)

Sotif aI type andt trtyonot to  batckspact wegten I matke at nmauistake...

So my typing's as mad as my brain, but for physical reasons.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2022 02:11PM »
PS, I'm multilingual and have a history of mixing up different languages when hearing or reading, so again, variant spellings don't bother me as much as maybe they should, given that in many respects, I'm a pedant.

Hmm, better not mistype this...

L'Ankou and Bluekingfisher, you're both lovely.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2022 08:08PM »
Bule, just to clarify - you weren't planning an actual barricade of the bridges, rather a representation of this within the play?

(I say this because of the hostility towards groups like Extinction Rebellion and Insulate Britain when they really disrupt the normal running of things - you need people to be onside)

>edited to add

« Last Edit: 21 May 2022 08:10PM by KizzyKazaer »

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2022 09:37PM »
Hello Lan-lou

I send my humble apolagie's for upsetting you by thinking you was having a dig at me please can we get back to a construtive conversation finding a theater we can all use it might be an idea if we all colabarate on writting

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2022 11:24PM »
I don't know much about finding a theatre, but there's a community drama group where I live that uses places other than theatres, like pubs and colleges and community centres.

I also know a musician who performs at a theatre run on a not-for-profit community basis where they do dramas etc.  You can reach a really wide audience without having to find what I'll call a standard profit-making theatre, which makes it cheaper to put on a production.

Also, with Youtube, zoom etc., if you're trying to get a message across rather than making a profit, you can reach lots of people.

But whilst I know the theory of that, I've never put on a drama, so if you're putting one together, you need someone who's got the initiative and connections to actually do it.

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2022 11:30PM »
Further thoughts, and I'm not offended if the idea doesn't work.  Might it work as a piss-take on an existing drama/known story?  That might make it stick in people's minds.  I think the sort of people you want to get the message across to wouldn't bother watching a play they thought was just 'woke' but might watch what they expect to be a comedy.

Random example of how it might get a message across.  Scene in which a wheelchair user glues their wheelchair to the road on the bridge, then wails they can't afford to repair it.  Maybe mentioning how if you hurt your foot gluing it to something, dressings are affordable or if push comes to shove, A&E will fix your foot for free, but if you damage your wheels, which are your feet, they're expensive to fix, and the NHS won't do it, and your disability benefits certainly won't cover it, not being as much as people think.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2022 09:57AM »
Hello Sunny Cloud + all  ouch reader's

If going to London or finding theater's what if all ouch reader's collabarate on writting a T.V show or writting a radio show. I was thinking as there are local BBC station's all over the country so all ouch reader could have thuer very own view's reconised. As every one can have a fair say

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2022 03:47PM »
That sounds like a good idea.

How do you want to go about it?  Do you want suggestions for a plot outline, then more details, or do you want to come at it from a different angle?

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2022 09:24PM »
Hello Sunny Cloud's

YES surgestion's to help get a plot we can all agree on I think a title might be THE DAWN OF LONG HELD DREAM'S

A few disabled people meeting + discousioning their frustion's in a coffee shop + joking about putting thier  dream's in a radical student newspaper as young people will fight for a novalty  + the under dog plus we have a lot of wheelchair pudher's who can help cructh user's a title for the movement is WE WILL WIN WITH WHEEL'S + WALKER'S   6 W's

Sunny Clouds

• Access All Areas
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2022 09:55PM »
I'd visualise it working with absurdities all the way through, for instance, in the coffee shop, having the meeting near the doorway because there's no ramp, so a couple of the group are stuck outside.