Author Topic: I made a serious mistake  (Read 16509 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
I made a serious mistake
« on: 26 Apr 2015 12:27PM »
Hello Ouch reader's

A few month's ago I said I was sick of the ping pong game between labour + conservate's so I thought I woukd vote UKIP just to break the monopaly but this morning I'v been look at Green party Disability issue's England + I will vote GREEN

lostfamily

• Gold Member
Re: I made a serious mistake
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2015 01:07PM »
I think we all should start a party that takes the best bits from all & do a mix
While i agree with part of Green they would give so much of our money away to foreign places & yes i do believe we should help but they say how bad we are here with a million using food banks well what is the difference between that & giving it to other countries so charity should start at home
I am married to someone who was born in Pakistan & we both said we have to call a halt i am in part in favour of UKIP Australian point system but also there use to be a Swedish system not sure if it still in use but you had to be able to read & write their language within 6 months or your out so that would help
I have a hearing problem & am fed up with going to a shop & the person English is not as clear as it should be if your interacting with the Public
I have voted UKIP i know they won't win but if they can help us get a vote on a IN or OUT of the EU i think we should regardless of whether we stay in or out but I voted in the last vote which was for a Common Market not giving our rights away so if people want that fine just let us vote & don't let the schoolboys in Westminster have all the say   
The best part of the election so far is the song that Sky do in case you not seen it

https://youtu.be/MH0K_XIIBow

It makes me laugh

SteveX

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2015 01:35PM »
Personally I don't see the point to voting green as they don't have cat in hells chance of getting in, so I'd see my vote as wasted, but that's just me.  Everyone to their own.

although that said, right now I have no idea who I'm voting for, I know who I'm not voting for and thats the damn Tories but I'm not sure who'll get my vote, I might even go spoil my paper by writing "none of the above" on it.  Possibly pointless but I feel it gets my opinion over better than simply not going.
Member of POMMAS

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2015 01:54PM »
I was thinking of voting for the person not the party as it where as the local MP didn't seem too bad even though a Tory then I checked on his voting record and realized that would be a mistake there is no way I could ever bring my self to vote Tory. I think I shall have to vote for what I deem to be the lesser of two evils but not by much; Labour.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2015 03:51PM »
I was going to vote Liberal even though I'm not liberal because they're always 2nd place to Tory here and therefore I assumed most likely to oust the Tory which is my main aim, especially as I think many long term Tories have jumped ship to UKIP since the last election which will reduce their vote. However having looked at http://action.electoral-reform.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=1754&ea.campaign.id=21304 my area last changed party in 1910 so seems exceedingly safe so I'm voting with my heart and convictions and voting Labour. And indeed this poll http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/apr/20/election-2015-constituency-map?CMP=fb_gu  says that what was a majority Tory minority Liberal vote will change to a majority Tory minority Labour vote, so the MP will indeed stay the same but perhaps local councillors may change.

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2015 12:50AM »
I got a postal vote so have already done it. It was any easy choice for me because theres only one party in my constituency that I feel can give my vote to, but also has a chance of winning.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015 01:07AM by james-1989 »

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2015 09:23AM »
A friend of mine who has been advocating UKip for some while now told me yesterday that he is voting Labour not as the lesser of two evils but because he believes what the UK needs is a Labour Government maybe many so called UKip supporters will feel the same and Nigel will have his over inflated ego well and truly deflated.

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2015 11:39AM »
but because he believes what the UK needs is a Labour Government

But if "Labour" wins, will it be Labour or the neocon serving, monopoly capitalist cabal of troughers and apparatchiks oozing with politically correctness which replaced that sometime after the 1970s, and is now practically indistinguishable from the Tories?

Prabhakari

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2015 12:01PM »
It is hard.
I long to see the end of the Tories.
Labour is better than it was. Perhaps its closeness to the Tories is ending.
This is a head or heart election, of a kind I have never experienced before.

My heart would vote Green. My head says vote Labour. Either the Tories could win, or Labour could.
The Greens are on the edge.

Given a chance, I would vote for the Scottish Nationalist Party; they are so close to the old Labour Party.

It is hard.
Being a Buddhist I have always felt that we should vote for what we truly believe in, as there is a spiritual force that may be invisible, but will bring change for the better if we vote for the good of all living beings; not just our own limited desires.

So, I truly do not know what I will do, until the moment arrives, when I must make my choice. Whatever it will be, it will be guided by a desire to increase happiness for all, not just the few.

With metta, Prabhakari.   >wheelchair<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2015 12:12PM »
Hello SteveX

You say the Green's don't have a cat in hell's chane of winning. I think you say this because they don't broadcast on TV over what they are doing because they know what the oppastion want to do + if people don't vote for the main partie's they must want a fair-er more reasonable party + I think that is what the Green's stand for

SteveX

« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2015 12:19PM »
Hello SteveX

You say the Green's don't have a cat in hell's chane of winning. I think you say this because they don't broadcast on TV over what they are doing because they know what the oppastion want to do + if people don't vote for the main partie's they must want a fair-er more reasonable party + I think that is what the Green's stand for

You're probably right but I'm scared that if I voted green my vote would be wasted and the Tories would get back in. 
That is the worst case scenario for me.
Member of POMMAS

Offworld

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: 27 Apr 2015 12:39PM »
Greens have a serious problem in that some of their policies make other of their policies totally unviable.
Unfortunately, that includes the policy which calls for a form of Citizens Income.

Their present leader may have, whether by accident or design, effectively scuppered that particular policy -- imo, by far their best -- at the outset of the election campaign. In any case, there had long been internal differences between money-reform / CI advocates, and self styled green-marxists who (presumably for ideological reasons) seemed to be opposed to such things.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: 27 Apr 2015 03:48PM »
At the dissolution of parliament the Green Party had 1 MP in order to gain power just how many seats would they have to win. An awful lot more than the  one seat they gained in 2010 it is unrealistic to believe there will be a Green Party in power after the election mind you that's just my opinion.

DarthVector

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: 27 Apr 2015 10:44PM »
My constituency is effectively Labour versus the SNP, so I'm voting SNP. I no longer have any interest in parties which are run from Westminster.

Unfortunately, the Greens have no chance here in a first past the post election, but I plan to give them my list vote for Holyrood in 2016. I've been doing that for many years now.

JLR2

« Reply #14 on: 28 Apr 2015 07:41PM »
''Given a chance, I would vote for the Scottish Nationalist Party; they are so close to the old Labour Party''

I've posted my vote Prab's SNP for me :-)  Mind you being a member does sway me a bit. That said from what I understand form the televised report today by the IFS Labour it seems have it in their manifesto to pause the Universal credit programme.