Author Topic: "Attack of the 'feline ninja'"  (Read 9184 times)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: "Attack of the 'feline ninja'"
« Reply #30 on: 17 Dec 2013 04:20PM »
 >bighugs<  to everyone who has lost a loved animal companion.

It is more than 3 years since I lost Chivvy and I still can't think of him without tears  >crying<

starsmurf

« Reply #31 on: 17 Dec 2013 05:40PM »
I've got photos of Ebby (on his own and with Ivy) on my landing so I see him every time I use the stairlift.

Ebby's ashes are in a lovely carved wood box in my sitting room near where I sit. 

I still get very upset about losing him. 

The Vet staff loved him too.  His vet used to cuddle him in her arms like a baby and he loved it!  She said only a couple of weeks that they still talk about him, which is super.

I hope that helps you realise that you did everything possible for him.  I remember you posted about feeling guilty and thinking you'd given up too soon.  There is no way that a vet who loved him too would've done that.  All you did was give him the greatest proof you could of just how much you loved him.  You spared him pain, suffering, losing his dignity and probably fear too.  You'll see him again at Rainbow Bridge.

I still can't look at photos of Fudge.  This is the third Christmas since she went missing and I still can't bear the pain and the guilt.  I have a "grave" for her with a plaque and a rose bush that is appropriately called "Missing You".

I love Titan to bits but I wish that if I couldn't have had Fudge back, I could've at least got one of her kittens, three of whom were still looking for homes once it became clear Fudge wasn't coming home.  Unfortunately, taking their heartbroken daughter to a cat shelter to re-adopt a much loved pet, who was also a last link with a lost pet, was too much to ask of my parents. :-(
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: 17 Dec 2013 06:19PM »
Starry  >hugs<  and ggggrrrr to your parents  :-(

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #33 on: 17 Dec 2013 07:22PM »
Aw thanks everyone. Here's the picture of Pongo I've put on Facebook to mark the anniversary.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: 17 Dec 2013 09:02PM »
 >rainbow2< Always remember Rainbow Bridge.  >bighugs<

Starsmurf, that was pretty heartless of your parents >hugs<

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: 17 Dec 2013 10:47PM »
Some years ago we had a beautiful Border Collie  at the time we lived in private rented accommodation but the owner sold the house and we had to move the only place I could get in the time available to us did not allow pets so I had to re-home him . Driving back without Skipper I cried all the way and my grandson never forgave me.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: 18 Dec 2013 03:39PM »
Dic  >hugs< that must have been so hard for you  :-(

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: 18 Dec 2013 05:01PM »
Dic  >bighugs<

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: 18 Dec 2013 08:36PM »
It was tough Skipper was a fantastic dog grandson absolutely adored him but there was no alternative.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Yvette

« Reply #39 on: 18 Dec 2013 09:09PM »
 >star< smurf  >hugs<

Jockice  >hugs<

Dic  >hugs<

Hurtyback  >hugs<

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #40 on: 19 Dec 2013 12:11PM »
The same to you Yvette. Ebby was a gorgeous-looking cat.

Yvette

« Reply #41 on: 19 Dec 2013 10:47PM »
Thanks Jockice.  Ebby was certainly a very handsome chap. 

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: 20 Dec 2013 09:56AM »
 >bighugs< >spoonarmy<

Losing pets whent they are older is hard enough let along losing them earlier especially when the decisions is out of your hands eg landlord or parents choice.

Turtle,

It is also possible that the lady had brushed against a bush or plant that had been sprayed by another male, so this cat was just protecting it's territory.

I was thinking something similar. When I was a child we had a family cat who was affectionate and cuddly, I had been at my aunt's house and petted her big neutered tom cat. Twinkle went nuts clawing at me then ran outside. The woman in the story in the opening post did not leave the cat an escape route out of the door.

The other posts on the thread are interesting too especially the bit about dominance grooming.

One other post is that we all know a cat who is unhappy in its home has the option to up and leave to go find themself a new owner, but most dogs dont. Even if a dog is let of the lead on a walk their instinct to stay in a pack is strong, also there is the fact some bad owners think it is okay to hit their dog if they dont come back when told or dont come back quickly enough. A cat would just bugger off especially in the times of year when food and shelter is more easily available.