Author Topic: 2am and wide awake.  (Read 2313 times)

Yvette

2am and wide awake.
« on: 31 Jan 2013 02:10AM »
Am going to make myself a hot milky drink and go back to bed and see if counting sheep will help.  :-(

Yvette

Re: 2am and wide awake.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2013 03:27AM »
It didn't work.  It is now 3.26am. Fed up and bored.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2013 03:45AM »
Join the club!  Mind you, second bedtime coming my way, I think!

Good luck Yvette, by the way, there's a whole section for us night owls! 
3 am and still Awake

>cs<
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

SashaQ

• Charter Member
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2013 10:04PM »
>sheep< >blacksheep< >sheep<

Picture of a woolly sheep with a red and yellow hat

>sheep< >blacksheep< >sheep<

wheelydad

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2013 01:05AM »
Hi Yvette, try counting the sheep's legs, then divide by four, it works for me.

SashaQ

• Charter Member
    • h2g2.com
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2013 09:52PM »
 >thumbsup< >lol<

>biggrin< >sheep<

Yvette

« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2013 02:52PM »
Had another bad night again last night. Couldn't be bothered to come downstairs so read instead.

Online it says that energy saving light bulbs are bad to use before going to bed as they emit too much blue light.  Will try to find an old type bulb and see if that makes it any better.

Frances

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2013 04:44PM »
We have had to buy old fashioned light bulbs as the new ones make Ryans sleep and migraines much worse. You can buy then pretty cheap in Amazon.
Also for anyone with migraines you can buy a computer monitor with an adjustable refresh rates which really works. Ryan can actually use that puter  for a heck of a lot longer than the 10/20 mins with the normal monitor.
Anyone who wants the make/seller etc I will get it for you.                                                                                                                                                                                             

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2013 08:23PM »
I really do not like the enegy saving lightbulbs, they seem to give off a yellow ish glow.

You can find normal old light bulbs from amazon, i have stocked up on them, could only get 100w and 60w, but they are fine, i dont think they last as long as some branded types, but just glad i could get some,

I also bought from amazon the golf ball type bulbs, they are for side lamps, but they still do fit in regular bayonet type fittings so you can still fit them into ceiling light fittings.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2013 08:25PM »
Yvette, is it the weather?  a side effect of medication?  too much chocolate-date immediately before going to bed (it is the chocolate that keeps one awake, you know), got up too late the day before so not tired?

It could be all manner of things.

Yvette

« Reply #10 on: 03 Feb 2013 10:08AM »
The low pressure certainly had a negative effect upon me but we have had higher pressure this last week and I feel so much better and have had no headaches.

I am missing my SAD lamp though - I've sent it away for repair and am waiting for find out if it can be repaired.  If not, I'll buy a new one.

The weather does has an unsettling effect upon me.  Apparently, in northern countries with little dayliglht during the winter, there a huge rate of suicide, which doesn't surprise me.

I haven't been having chocolate before bedtime this week - but thanks for telling me that it can keep you awake. It is an energy booster so that makes sense.  I'll make sure I keep my chocolate consumption to afternoons from now on.

I get up at the same time every day as I have carers. 

I go through spells of not sleeping properly, so this too shall pass.