Author Topic: National Shortage of blood testing vials  (Read 169 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
National Shortage of blood testing vials
« on: 25 Aug 2021 10:08AM »
I have just had a phone call from my local medical centre my routine blood test next week have been cancelled for six months due to a national blood testing vial shortage.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: National Shortage of blood testing vials
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2021 05:17PM »
"You couldn't make it up" comes to mind - the world really is going to hell in a handcart ..

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: National Shortage of blood testing vials
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2021 05:36PM »
But it's brilliant!  Surely a minister or SPAD has got a girlfriend or ex-schoolfriend or fellow elite club member that can sub-contract to a company based in a different tax jurisdiction that has at least a month's experience sourcing bicycle lamps?  They'd be bound to be willing to take on a contract for the work for a measly sum of £10billion or so. 

And look at all the extra money the taxpayer's going to be saving by merging PIP with UC.  The people no longer eligible for what is currently a non-means-tested benefit will be given a wonderful incentive to pull their socks up and no longer be disabled, which, as an added bonus, means most of them won't need lots of routine blood tests any more.   Just one of many wonderful cost-saving initiatives by the government to ensure their friends can make a well-deserved profit.

Then just a teensy bit more NHS privatisation and these super-duper pandemic contracts will be paid for.  With a special deal that will involve the taxpayer paying instalments of accrued interest for only three or four generations.

(Sorry.  I'm having one of those days.)
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2021 05:59PM by Sunny Clouds »
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)