Author Topic: Lifting restrictions by Fiz from UK site  (Read 3203 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Lifting restrictions by Fiz from UK site
« Reply #15 on: 07 Mar 2021 07:58PM »
Runners downdraft  :f_wah: :f_yikes: :f_doh:

School open again tomorrow and I cant help but wonder about all the children who have thrived during lockdown. Boys and girls which find it difficult to be at school eg around a lot of noise, people, bullies etc.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: 09 Mar 2021 09:58PM »
My 6yo grandaughter was thrilled to go back to school yesterday and is very happy. She's considerably behind where she should be for her age and year group. I do hope the government sort out how the children will catch up with missed learning. These early years at school are crucial. 

My 12yo grandaughter was ahead of her peers a year ago and has studied hard at home so I am hoping that she'll be okay and not disadvantaged even if she's no longer ahead. 

I had cancelled a decorator a couple of months back having decided that being CEV I shouldn't have anyone in my home. I've decided that I feel well enough protected by the first vaccine + 5 weeks to have contacted him to book in new dates. The earliest he can start is April 27th by which time I will have had my second vaccination and be building up almost full immunity from that so it's all good. I have never had a professional decorator before, I can't wait to get my lounge done. It's exciting.

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: 10 Mar 2021 12:05PM »
Fiz,

I hope both your grandaughters do well getting back into the routine of being at school, and that the catch up on what they need to. This includes reading books, running around, solving maths making new friends and chatting to old ones, creating art and smiling, giggling and having fun.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2021 01:55PM »
To celebrate the opening of personal care and non essential retail today, I had my legs waxed! Way to end shielding hey?!  :f_laugh:

Second vaccine is booked for Friday which means that I shall be well protected by 7th May. Hair cut is booked for Wednesday, I am desperate for a cut. These appointments aside I shall await my full protection from the second vaccine before going into shops or buildings now.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2021 02:14PM »
Met a friend for an outdoor coffee this morning. Chilly, but only had a couple of spits of rain so no problem. Fortunately where we sat was sheltered from the wind, and even had a little warmth from some brief sunshine.

Going back to the car I passed my barber's. Massive queue and only doing first come first served at present. Reckon at least an hour or so wait which I do not do these days. Will wait until it quietens. I can put up with the Worzel Gummidge look a bit longer.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2021 09:35PM »
Hope you have a nice piece of straw to chew on - ooh-arrrr :f_winkeye:

Leg waxing :f_yikes:

Town certainly busier this morning, queue outside Primark, apparently this store doesn't do online (well, I never knew that)  Not that I wanted to go into Primark myself, I was just glad that Marks and Spencer food hall was quiet.  I expect people are a bit fed up with supermarket-type places now that 'non-essential retail' has opened its doors again!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2021 10:58PM »
I drove past a barbers today and there was at least ten men queuing outside down the pavement, probably more. That would be hopeless for me too with pain standing. Very glad that my hairdresser does appointments. My daughter saw my ex-sil and nieces today and my great nephews apparently have really long hair as they've not been able to get to a barbers and it was hearing that that made me realise how tough this lockkdown has been for children and men. I have hacked at my own fringe a couple of times but the longer look is okay for women. 

It feels strange things being open again. My daughter met the family members in a park by a river today and because it was so cold there weren't many people there.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: 16 Apr 2021 07:29AM »
I was given a date finally for my wisdom tooth to be removed on Tuesday 20th and the lady who booked me in couldn't believe that I haven't been in a shop in well over a year. Am I the only shielder who has actually been shielding?!

Unfortunately when I progressed to the phone pre op assessment my second Covid Vaccination that I am having this afternoon means the oral surgery needs to be postponed because no elective surgery can be done for two weeks after the vaccine as"the body has enough to cope with". So I am waiting for a new date for after 30th April. My tooth is so painful, I can't wait, but hopefully it won't be long now until it's out.

ally

« Reply #23 on: 16 Apr 2021 09:40AM »
My hair grows incredibly fast.  I had it cut when lock down lifted last time.  Now, it’s past my shoulders.   I’ve also hacked my fringe, and, the bangs on the side of my face.  I’ve left the length, as I’ll probably make a right mess of it.   I have an appointment for the middle of may at the hairdressers, providing all goes to plan.  I saw my GP for the first time for over a year.  She insisted my husband rang the pain clinic due to the red sore angry looking rash that’s spread on my stomach from the battery on the SCS site.  The problem is due to losing over four and a half stone, and, the battery is now too near the skin.  It’s flipped, and, is sticking out. 

The pain clinic asked for a photo of the above.   They told me to come in, so, I spent all day at the hospital on Wednesday.   I was taken to the ward to be poked, and, prodded.  As usual, no one could get any bloods from the veins in my arms.  Due to my communication issue, my protests were ignored.  My husband intervened on my behalf, and, they stopped twisting needles into my arms.  I’m seeing the phlebotomist at our surgery this afternoon.  She’s the only person that can get bloods, lucky.  I haven’t missed the above, and, hospitals that’s for sure.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2021 05:46PM »
That sounds really tough ally. I hope they can successfully solve the problem with the battery and rash.  :f_hug:

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: 16 Apr 2021 09:23PM »
Yes, and your painful tooth should have been removed a long time ago, by the sounds of it, Fiz - I think it's disgraceful how people have been left in severe states of pain, from whatever body parts, apparently because of this wretched virus :f_steam:  Especially after all this 'protect the NHS' stuff and those specially-built new Nightingale hospitals, was there really no way/no staff to carry out more timely procedures that would relieve the misery??

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: 17 Apr 2021 04:49PM »
I quite agree with you Kizzy.

Fiz - good luck with the second jab and I hope you get a new date through quickly for your wisdom tooth extraction. Being in such dreadful pain is just awful on top of everything else your dealing with  :big_hugs:

Ally - I sympathise with the blood test issues. The phlebotomist at my GP surgery is one of the few people who can get blood from me. The rest leave me like a bloody pin cushion and I bruise really easily. I think they forget how painful it can be. Hopefully the doctors will get to the bottom of your rash and the placement of your battery without too much further prodding and poking  :big_hugs:

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: 17 Apr 2021 06:27PM »
Unfortunately the hospital which does day surgery was privatised several years ago and is a Practice Plus Hospital run by Care UK. The NHS is going to the dogs. All you get is answerphones if you phone them and no amount of messages left with them results in someone phoning you back. The administration is horrendous, I just hope that when the day eventually comes, the medical care will be okay. More and more hospitals will be privatised as time goes on, the government will save because they won't have to pay NHS pensions to the staff. 

I'm all jabbed up and I have a suitably sore arm but no other symptoms. It's a relief to be well protected. The Pfizer is proving very effective. I'm hoping that a booster to cover variants won't be needed at a later date but we'll see.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: 18 Apr 2021 09:08PM »
Yes, and let's hope the 'variants of concern' won't turn Boris's 'road-map' into a motorway pile-up... I'm not sure how the long-suffering people of Britain would respond to a summer of continuing restrictions or even worse, a fourth full lockdown - no, surely it won't come to that, she says optimistically!

On the edge

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: 19 Apr 2021 09:25AM »
Obviously from Wales, we aren't doing anything much at present as is England.  I will still be having restrictions when most others won't later assuming the pubs open and home visits start again because despite me and my partner and son and his residential care staff all having 2 vaccinations they will still ban any home visits at all unless we provide proof of being covid free, prior to each and every visit, which means essentially other family members will be able to see their kids at some point and without a covid test but we can't. 

Also, people can come here from England Scotland and even India etc with not really any test as such currently.  I do feel hard done by frankly.  WHY did I even have a vaccination if they are still viewed as non-viable or effective?    The other aspect is self testing may not be accepted as reliable either so potentially I would have to pay for someone else neutral to do it, great scam for some!
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2021 09:27AM by On the edge »