Author Topic: Here we go again..National Covid Lockdown Mk 2  (Read 257 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Here we go again..National Covid Lockdown Mk 2
« on: October 31, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »
No doubt you're aware by now that the Government have had to think again regarding the above, as coronavirus cases are spiralling into a worse-than-worst case scenario - how do you feel about living through it again? 

I can bear it gracefully as long as we don't get those stupid outside queues at supermarkets again, especially now the seasons are changing - standing and waiting in the wind and the rain? no thanks!  At least those who had to 'shield' last time are being advised rather than compelled this time around.

lankou

• View Profile
Re: Here we go again..National Covid Lockdown Mk 2
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
I have been shielding since the start of March, so Bojo-The-Clown's latest mumblings will have little effect on me.

oldtonexx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 09:18:18 AM »
I've been sort of semi-shielding since March so I don't think it will affect me much; mainly more big hair days and no coffee meets with a friend.

Agree with KK about supermarket queues. Not been a problem recently at my local one if you choose the right time to shop.

I think the question is how do we come out of lockdown safely. Hadn't worked last time.

SteveX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 06:37:15 PM »
I've been 'mostly' shielding since march, only gone out 3-4 times when I had no money for food/electric and simply had to get to the post office for some money.

I can cope with lockdown as I spend 95% of my time alone anyway and get my shopping delivered, what's hurting me is that I've not visited my mum since March and it tears me apart that I can't visit her and give her a hug.  I'm desperately hoping this ends before xmas so I can do exactly that.

Sunshine Meadows

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »
~Hugsss~

I hope you have been able to video call or at least see you mum through the window.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 09:29:50 PM »
I think our friend Boris is aiming for this particular lockdown to be lifted in time for Christmas - and the necessary preparations for Christmas - hence the end date of 2 December (assuming the thing doesn't get extended, of course...)  Having said that, my belief is that a lot of people will disregard coronavirus restrictions anyway to meet up with as many family members as they want to over the festive period.  Especially after such an unsettled and strange year - and who can say what 2021 will bring (more of the same, I suspect  :-\)

SteveX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 07:12:43 PM »
I think our friend Boris is aiming for this particular lockdown to be lifted in time for Christmas - and the necessary preparations for Christmas - hence the end date of 2 December (assuming the thing doesn't get extended, of course...)  Having said that, my belief is that a lot of people will disregard coronavirus restrictions anyway to meet up with as many family members as they want to over the festive period.  Especially after such an unsettled and strange year - and who can say what 2021 will bring (more of the same, I suspect  :-\)

Yes they will because it's been proved again and again over the past for months, some people are intensely selfish and don't give a damn about anyone else.  like a guy interviewed 5-6 weeks ago on the local news, won't wear a mask, doesn't care and the interviewer at the end said "Wearing a mask might save someone else's life like the person next to you on a bus" his reply "I won't wear one and if people on the bus die then that's their problem, no loss to me".

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »
One can only hope that this Grade-A >expletive deleted< catches a particularly unpleasant dose of Covid-19 and really suffers for it...

On a more cheerful front, the new vaccine looks promising - could the beginning of the end now be in sight?